Norwegian foppall

El Zen

It just occurred to me that Odergaard and Haaland are teammates for Norway. Both really young and already probably Norway's greatest ever players, apologies to John Carew.

What is 🇳🇴 prospects for Euro 2024? Can they qualify?

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

It just occurred to me that Odergaard and Haaland are teammates for Norway. Both really young and already probably Norway's greatest ever players, apologies to John Carew.

I don’t really care too much about international football these days. Too invested in club football to cheer for other clubs’ players. But they’re off to a poor start in the qualifiers, really. Haaland was injured and the rest of the squad is too inbalanced. Haven’t qualified for a tourney since 2000, and if they can’t do it with Odegaard and Haaland, then there’s no hope is there? 

• Sad 1

Odds Ballklubb have 9 points from six games, but have somehow managed two wins and three draws scoring only three goals. They’ve only conceded twice. 

Aalesunds are about to win their first point of the year in their sixth game with a 0-0 draw at home to Haugesund, but they still haven’t scored a goal all season.

Edited by El Zen

41 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I don’t really care too much about international football these days. Too invested in club football to cheer for other clubs’ players. But they’re off to a poor start in the qualifiers, really. Haaland was injured and the rest of the squad is too inbalanced. Haven’t qualified for a tourney since 2000, and if they can’t do it with Odegaard and Haaland, then there’s no hope is there? 

Norway hasn't been in a WC or Euros since 2000??

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Norway hasn't been in a WC or Euros since 2000??

Absolutely. Only been to four overall. 34, 94, 98 and 00. The 90s were our golden age with Egil Olsen as manager and loads of very, very good players. Not your Haalands or Odegaards, maybe, but your Tore Andre Flos, your Ronny Johnsens, your Henning Bergs and so on. A fantastic generation of extremely solid footballers. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

They have Nyland in goal

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have Nyland in goal

Yeah, I actually forgot about that. Insane selection. They’re not blessed with world class goalies atm, but they have better than f***ing Ørjan Nyland 😂

Aalesunds still haven’t scored a single goal this season. Seven games now 😂

Tomorrow is Norwegian football’s equivalent to Boxing Day. May 16th (day before our Constitution Day) always sees a full round of football, and big attendences. 

Vålerenga will host Hamarkameratene (literally: The Hamar Comrades.) 

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

@El Zen Do you live in Worcester at all? 

I spotted a Valerenga poster in a window the other day when I was walking around the City. 

Do I live in Worcester? No, I’ve barely passed through it I think. I live in/just outside Oslo. 

But that’s awesome. If you ever get the chance to take a pic and post it here, I’d be very grateful 😇

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Do I live in Worcester? No, I’ve barely passed through it I think. I live in/just outside Oslo. 

But that’s awesome. If you ever get the chance to take a pic and post it here, I’d be very grateful 😇

I have a feeling that taking pictures of someone's house might be frowned upon, haha. But rest assured it was in the window of an apartment close to the centre of town! 

As a new convert I was chuffed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I have a feeling that taking pictures of someone's house might be frowned upon, haha. But rest assured it was in the window of an apartment close to the centre of town! 

As a new convert I was chuffed. 

If you want, I can mail you some stickers and we’ll make Worcester a Vålerenga colony 😉

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

If you want, I can mail you some stickers and we’ll make Worcester a Vålerenga colony 😉

Well I live in Shropshire, but yeah let's make Shropshire a Valarenga hot-spot!! I don't know how to do the accented 'a' with my keyboard btw. 

• Like 1

Aalesunds get their first goal of the season (game eight) and go on to beat local rivals Molde 3-1. Brilliant. I f***ing hate Molde.

Edited by El Zen
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, El Zen said:

Aalesunds get their first goal of the season (game eight) and go on to beat local rivals Molde 3-1. Brilliant. I f***ing hate Molde.

Don’t you pretty much hate any team that’s not Vålerenga?😀   Lillestrøm, Rosenborg, Molde I think you’ve listed so far.  Aren’t Lyn also hated by Vålerenga fans?

Â