Norwegian foppall

El Zen

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

I was 11. I still remember that night like it was yesterday. Absolute madness. 

I know Ronny Johnsen pretty well and he says that the team that went to France in 98, was one of the best he ever played in. This is a guy who won the treble the following year with Man United.

Amazing guy btw. 

Og jeg elsker Norge! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I know Ronny Johnsen pretty well and he says that the team that went to France in 98, was one of the best he ever played in. This is a guy who won the treble the following year with Man United.

Amazing guy btw. 

Og jeg elsker Norge! 

Yeah, for all the talk about Haaland and Ødegård, the 90s team was lightyears ahead. Full of high quality players from Europe’s top leagues, full of winning mentality and leadership. Many of them have gone into management and done well. It’s quite telling that the core of the RBK side that won 13 titles in a row got relatively few caps. 

Ronny Johnsen is one of the most underrated defenders of my time. I’ve met him socially once, and he did indeed seem like a likeable chap. 

Jeg elsker Norge selv 🤝

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

One of the best days ever was when Norway beat Brazil and Karl Johan Gate was instantaneously rammed with people celebrating the win. 

I was amongst them.

Me to. It was fabolous. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Fans understandably a bit salty after the club failing to put on the underground heating on the pitch so they were forced to forfeit the game and miss out on the chance to promotion to the top flight. They were banking on the weather being warn enough for them not to having to spent the £15k it would cost to run the heating for another game. They were wrong...

Â