Norwegian foppall

El Zen

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Should support Lilleström :detect:

Honestly I can't keep up with all the acronyms.

AS, FFK, VIF, LSK, FFS

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

The atmosphere looked great. Was the stadium new? It looked very clean. 

Who should I follow as my Norwegian team?

Opened in 2017 and it’s the first time the club has owned its own stadium. I cried when it finally opened. 

You should obviously follow Vålerenga (as if I’d say anything else.) A working class club from the working class east side of Oslo, the only proper city in Norway. We have the best ultras in the country, and a history steeped in tradition, cult hero characters and legends. We love a party, we love pyro, we’re diverse and open, yet fiercely tribal. We’re mediocre or shit most of the time on the pitch, but the club is special and when we do win, it’s f***ing spectacular. 

«We are rubbish, we are addicts, we are all on the dole, we are the lowlifes from the capital». 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, El Zen said:

Yeah, it’s always March/April to November/December. 

Not sure what you mean with the second question? You’d love to qualify for Europe, just like any other club from any other league? 

I mean what is the feeling of 2nd and 3rd best teams entering the new conference league instead of europa? Better as more chance of progression or worse as it is less prestigious?

3 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Opened in 2017 and it’s the first time the club has owned its own stadium. I cried when it finally opened. 

You should obviously follow Vålerenga (as if I’d say anything else.) A working class club from the working class east side of Oslo, the only proper city in Norway. We have the best ultras in the country, and a history steeped in tradition, cult hero characters and legends. We love a party, we love pyro, we’re diverse and open, yet fiercely tribal. We’re mediocre or shit most of the time on the pitch, but the club is special and when we do win, it’s f***ing spectacular. 

«We are rubbish, we are addicts, we are all on the dole, we are the lowlifes from the capital». 

Sounds perfect. 

• Like 1

How does the relegation work, then. The table I've seen shows two teams relegated, and one in a relegation playoff. If it's just the one team in the playoff, do they play a promotion contender for that third spot?

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

How does the relegation work, then. The table I've seen shows two teams relegated, and one in a relegation playoff. If it's just the one team in the playoff, do they play a promotion contender for that third spot?

Yes. Teams 3-6 in the first division play each other* for the right to play team 14 in the Eliteserie. 

*Actually, team 5 and 6 play a knock out game, then the winner plays team 4 and then that winner plays team 3. Fun format. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I mean what is the feeling of 2nd and 3rd best teams entering the new conference league instead of europa? Better as more chance of progression or worse as it is less prestigious?

Hmm, haven’t really thought about it too much. I don’t really care if it’s Europa League or Conference League, tbh. I just want European football. 

Aalesunds with a nice 0p and 0 goals after five games to start the season. Vålerenga with just 3p from four, Rosenborg with just 6p from five. We might see some early managerial changes in the Eliteserie. Incredibly, no managers lost their jobs last season. 

23 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Should support Lilleström :detect:

Sure. If he loves the smell of manure and thinks Norfolk is the peak of human civilization 

13 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Sure. If he loves the smell of manure and thinks Norfolk is the peak of human civilization 

sure they nearly have the same colours as NOrwich :P 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sure they nearly have the same colours as NOrwich :P 

And even call themselves Canaries too. 

Then of course there is Bodø/Glimt’s Amahl Pellegrino who does stuff like this almost every week now:

I’ll be flying to Trondheim on Saturday to watch Vålerenga away at Rosenborg. Should be fun. Haven’t won a league game there since 2011 or something. They’re playing terrible football and not doing much better than us early on, but we’ll definitely lose and it’ll get aggressive. 

Can’t wait. Should be a good away following though, with plenty staying the night up there and making a weekend trip out of it. Pics and vids will be posted 👌

• Like 1

On 02/05/2023 at 00:18, Tegis said:

Went to Fredrikstad and Strømsgodset while doing jobs there ages ago. Good fun. Fredrikstad had been relegated by that point though

I went to Strømsgodset when we played them away in 98. Collymore hat-trick. 

Its in Drammen I believe.

• Like 1

Right- started a new Fifa save with Valarenga. Trying to viking things up a bit. 

As an aside, is there a way to watch the games over here? I know the A league have a youtube channel for live games. Is there something similar for the Eliteserien?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I went to Strømsgodset when we played them away in 98. Collymore hat-trick. 

Its in Drammen I believe.

Correct. I was there too. 11 years old I was. 

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

As an aside, is there a way to watch the games over here? I know the A league have a youtube channel for live games. Is there something similar for the Eliteserien?

Dunno, don’t think so. TV2 Play might work, but it’s 30 quid + per month. 

Â