Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

mine for today. low stakes as not loving the racing today so just had a small go

1.40    DONCASTER    Jems Bond
5.05    DONCASTER    Flint Hill

• Like 1

These are mine for today, will bundle both sets into accumulators, probably do the TO PLACE horses as singles as well.

TO WIN 1800 PUNCHESTOWN IMPAIRE ET PASSE@1.3
TO WIN 1750 CHEPSTOW GOOD FRIDAY FAIRY@3.75
TO WIN 1440 PERTH CHARLES ST@2
TO WIN 1525 DONCASTER SUPREME KING@3

TO PLACE 1340 DONCASTER BOBBY JOE LEG@19
TO PLACE 1815 SOUTHWELL BERTIE BLUE@13
TO PLACE 1700 PERTH SANOSUKE@15
TO PLACE 1900 CHEPSTOW RATHMACKNEE@23
TO PLACE 1910 PUNCHESTOWN NIGHT SPARKLE@21
TO PLACE 1630 DONCASTER SILVER SCREEN@13

Remember to do the freebies on the bookies first - you might win enough to cover your bets, also ITV7 and Betway Pick 4 today.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Haven’t had chance this week, been too busy. Will have time tonight to go through the Sandown card and also Punchestown for tomorrow. 

Is Sandown on tomorrow? Abandoned today 

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Is Sandown on tomorrow? Abandoned today 

Hopefully so . It’s always prone to turning into a bog down there when it rains heavy. With a bit of luck it’s race-able tomorrow. If not plenty to go at with Punchestown. 

Sandown 2.15 

1 Kitty’s Light 2 Musical Slave 3 Certainly Red

These are my top 3 for the race. I’m going to oppose Kitty’s Light as he comes into the race having only a weeks break from his last race which was won over 4 miles so it may come to soon , although he’s well in. Also may be too soft for him. 2 and 3 are good prices .

Sandown 4.35 

1 Iceo 2 Samarrive 

Iceo looks the bet here being upped in distance and on his favoured heavy ground. Won in higher grade last time out. Samarrive has ground question marks 

I’ll follow these with 3 races at Punchestown which I’ll go through in the morning 

• Like 1

Love Envoi has to be taken on in the grade 1 mares hurdle. Does all her best running on soft-heavy and it’s good ground over there today.  I fancy Queens Brook to take this  in what is a very good race. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Mine for today, I've put terms in the list, this is how many places the bookies are paying out for. Sky Bet is my favoured bookie, place £30 of bets in a week and get a free £6 bet each week.

The TO WIN horses will go in a 25p E/W Yankee

TO WIN    [6]      1450    SANDOWN              HEWICK@2.38             3 PLACES WITH BETFRED    SKYBET TERMS 2
TO WIN    [9]      1635    SANDOWN              ICEO@3.25                   4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4
TO WIN    [7]      1515    HAYDOCK               STORMY SEA@1.91    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
TO WIN    [19]    1805    PUNCHESTOWN    SORRENTINO@2.1     4 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 4

The TO PLACE horses will go as single 25p E/W, and a bundle of doubles, maybe a set of trebles

TO PLACE    [16]    1305    SANDOWN              HOLETOWN HERO@19    6 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 6
TO PLACE    [15]    1510    PUNCHESTOWN    COEUR SEREIN@17    5 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 5
TO PLACE    [9]      1525    SANDOWN              HONNEUR DAJONC@21    4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4
TO PLACE    [8]      1815    DONCASTER           LINGO LADY@13    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
TO PLACE    [19]    1730    PUNCHESTOWN    TAX FOR MAX@13    6 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 6
TO PLACE    [15]    1915    DONCASTER           DUNDORY@15    5 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 5
TO PLACE    [19]    1805    PUNCHESTOWN    FULL METAL JACKET@11    4 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 4

yesterday, I lost 44p on my to win E/W Yankee - 2 horses won and 2 placed. Bertie Blue won and Sanosuke placed for my to place horses. 

Remember to do the bookies freebies first, you might win some money to cover your bets. ITV7, Betway pick 4, Coral Racing Super Series and Paddy Power today.

• Like 1

Todays selections 

2.15 Sandown  Musical Slave 18/1/ Certainly Red 9/1 

3.50  Punch Queens Brook 11/2(Non Runner )

4.25 Punch Flegmatik 6/1/ Sam Brown 8/1

4.35 Sandown Iceo 2/1

5.30 Punch Seddon 10/3

£25 staked overall 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

39 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Todays selections 

2.15 Sandown  Musical Slave 18/1/ Certainly Red 9/1 

3.50  Punch Queens Brook 11/2(Non Runner )

4.25 Punch Flegmatik 6/1/ Sam Brown 8/1

4.35 Sandown Iceo 2/1

5.30 Punch Seddon 10/3

£25 staked overall 

The 2.15 looks like an interesting race, 6 places on offer. A race that I'd overlooked. I might have a couple of E/Ws on CERTAINLY RED and FRODON.

Just now, bielesibub said:

The 2.15 looks like an interesting race, 6 places on offer. A race that I'd overlooked. I might have a couple of E/Ws on CERTAINLY RED and FRODON.

Yes it’s the last big handicap of the jump season in England. Certainly Red looks really unexposed. Frodon is interesting because he’s been rested for this race , but not sure he wants this more extreme distance but what a horse. Good luck anyway .

11 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

yeah i'm with @Rugeley Villa regarding frodon...bit of a gamble on the distance. but certainly a great horse on his day so could be a good price

revels hill should be there or thereabouts i think but not exactly a great price for a field of this size.

i think annsam can go the distance but could be a bit high in the weights now

i might have a small go on the goffer. pulled up in the irish national but looks like there might have been excuses for that...got a bit of a bump going over one of the fences and weakened soon after so wondering if that affected him. looked good in the ultima though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

yeah i'm with @Rugeley Villa regarding frodon...bit of a gamble on the distance. but certainly a great horse on his day so could be a good price

revels hill should be there or thereabouts i think but not exactly a great price for a field of this size.

i think annsam can go the distance but could be a bit high in the weights now

i might have a small go on the goffer. pulled up in the irish national but looks like there might have been excuses for that...got a bit of a bump going over one of the fences and weakened soon after so wondering if that affected him. looked good in the ultima though

had singles on revels hill and the goffer so happy with places. frodon did well i thought

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sandown 2.15 

1 Kitty’s Light 2 Musical Slave 3 Certainly Red

These are my top 3 for the race. I’m going to oppose Kitty’s Light as he comes into the race having only a weeks break from his last race which was won over 4 miles so it may come to soon , although he’s well in. Also may be too soft for him. 2 and 3 are good prices .

Sandown 4.35 

1 Iceo 2 Samarrive 

Iceo looks the bet here being upped in distance and on his favoured heavy ground. Won in higher grade last time out. Samarrive has ground question marks 

I’ll follow these with 3 races at Punchestown which I’ll go through in the morning 

Well the top rated won but I didn’t think it would for reasons already stated. Unbelievable hat-tick of wins for the horse and trainer .

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well the top rated won but I didn’t think it would for reasons already stated. Unbelievable hat-tick of wins for the horse and trainer .

did really well. wouldn't have touched him at that price though

Â