Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

Just now, tomav84 said:

did really well. wouldn't have touched him at that price though

Suppose you could say he was that price for a reason . The weeks break after the Scottish national and his Eider win only a few weeks before that put me off. Happy for the trainer who’s daughter is going through leukaemia at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bielesibub said:

This horse thing is difficult.

personally i dread saturdays anyway. so many times i've had a great mon-fri and it all goes to pot on saturday to the point that i've many times considered just watching and not betting. generally i'm happy to just come away unscathed

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

personally i dread saturdays anyway. so many times i've had a great mon-fri and it all goes to pot on saturday to the point that i've many times considered just watching and not betting. generally i'm happy to just come away unscathed

I'm with you, I am trying not to make any hasty bets, so set them off in the morning and try to walk away until the evening. If not I end up watching the results come in, tinker with the system, then put on some silly bets.

Seddon saved the day for me. Could have been a really good day. Kitty’s Light my top rated won but never backed it. Sam Brown top rated falling two out looking like the winner and Seddon top rated won . The Very Man (25/1) was second best rated in the Seddon race and came second so had the 1/2 there . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

27 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Too competitive maybe? I’m the other way, I do better in competitive races in higher classes so Saturdays are not too bad. My ratings do better in higher grades than they do lower grades that’s why I don’t go below class 3 races and there’s only a few class 3 races i’ll go in on. Prefer class 2 and above in the handicap races. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Too competitive maybe? I’m the other way, I do better in competitive races in higher classes so Saturdays are not too bad. My ratings do better in higher grades than they do lower grades that’s why I don’t go below class 3 races and there’s only a few class 3 races i’ll go in on. Prefer class 2 and above in the handicap races. 

thing is you should see many more horses running to form on a saturday as it's all class 1s and 2s, so there's less hands and heels rides to try and lower the marks. i don't know why...i just have more bad saturdays that good ones

up at 5am to go to old trafford tomorrow so here's mine but since i started posting mine in here i can't hit a barn door so be careful with stakes if you follow

30 Apr 2023 15:35:00    WETHERBY    Perfect Swiss

30 Apr 2023 15:45:00    MUSSELBURGH    Girl Magic

30 Apr 2023 18:15:00    MUSSELBURGH    On A Session

Got a bad feeling about these, started something now though, "computer says"....

TO WIN: 10p E/W Lucky 31 

1415    SLIGO              AUSSIE GIRL@2.25    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
1355    WETHERBY    RAINBOW SKY@1.44    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
1445    SLIGO              SEMBLANCE OF ORDER@1.9100000000000001    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
1505    WETHERBY    WESTERNESSE@2.63    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
1635    WETHERBY    JACKMEISTER RUDI@10    4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4

TO PLACE: 25p E/W singles, then E/W doubles

1545    MUSSELBURGH    ROYAL MARINER@34    4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4
1415    SLIGO                     RUN FOR YOU@11    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
1715    MUSSELBURGH    KNIGHTSWOOD@12    5 PLACES WITH WILLIAM HILL    SKYBET TERMS 5
1645    MUSSELBURGH    GOMETRA GINTY@17    5 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 5
1705    WETHERBY            TEN BOB NOTE@13    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
1845    MUSSELBURGH    GOOD EARTH@15    6 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 6

Have a crack at ITV7, Betway today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bielesibub said:

Got a bad feeling about these, started something now though, "computer says"....

TO WIN: 10p E/W Lucky 31 

1415    SLIGO              AUSSIE GIRL@2.25    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
1355    WETHERBY    RAINBOW SKY@1.44    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
1445    SLIGO              SEMBLANCE OF ORDER@1.9100000000000001    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
1505    WETHERBY    WESTERNESSE@2.63    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
1635    WETHERBY    JACKMEISTER RUDI@10    4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4

TO PLACE: 25p E/W singles, then E/W doubles

1545    MUSSELBURGH    ROYAL MARINER@34    4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4
1415    SLIGO                     RUN FOR YOU@11    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
1715    MUSSELBURGH    KNIGHTSWOOD@12    5 PLACES WITH WILLIAM HILL    SKYBET TERMS 5
1645    MUSSELBURGH    GOMETRA GINTY@17    5 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 5
1705    WETHERBY            TEN BOB NOTE@13    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
1845    MUSSELBURGH    GOOD EARTH@15    6 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 6

Have a crack at ITV7, Betway today.

Good Earth shows up on yours too I see. Also have Knightswood very closely rated to my selection in the 5.15 . Bit of fun ain’t it 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Good Earth shows up on yours too I see. Also have Knightswood very closely rated to my selection in the 5.15 . Bit of fun ain’t it 

fingers crossed

Just the one winner but gives me a profit . Couple of races at Kempton tomorrow and one at the Curragh I’ll look at. Me wife and kids are also off to Warwick races tomorrow too in what is very low grade action but will have to have a bet whilst there. 

• Like 1

Kempton double 4X

3.50 Latitude /Twenty Twenty

4.50 Dolos/Before Midnight 

5 quid free bet 4 doubles  at £1.25 

potential returns  £30 or £92.50

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Computer says....

TO WIN: 2x E/W doubles, trebles, 4 fold and 5 folds

1444    WINDSOR    PUMALIN PARK@2.88 OR ROYAL CAPE@2.1    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3 
1350    CURRAGH    BUCANERO FUERTE@2.63    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
1528    BEVERLEY    RIVER USK@2.5    4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4
1657    WARWICK    ELIOS DOR@2.38    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
1753    BATH            VITRALITE@2.1    4 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 4

TO PLACE: E/W LUCKY 15 I selected the wrong bet type, rushing.

1645    CURRAGH    SKONTONOVSKI@19    6 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 6
1533    BATH             NOTRE MAISON@15    5 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 5
1453    BEVERLEY    STRENGTH N HONOUR@13    4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4
1718    BATH             LA MIA DUTCHESSA@21    4 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 4

Predictions did rubbish yesterday, Betway pick 4 winners today

• Like 1

mine for today, all tentitive selections as slight doubts over each of them which i guess is reflected in their prices

01 May 2023 16:38:00    BEVERLEY    One Hart

01 May 2023 17:04:00    WINDSOR    Trojan Truth

01 May 2023 17:18:00    BATH    La Traviata

01 May 2023 17:53:00    BATH    Rita Rana

I see Harpers Brook pulled himself up at Sandown on Saturday just yards from the finish line.

Despite the jockey giving him a couple of reminders, enough was enough for him and he said no more. Intelligent animal.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

38 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see Harpers Brook pulled himself up at Sandown on Saturday just yards from the finish line.

Despite the jockey giving him a couple of reminders, enough was enough for him and he said no more. Intelligent animal.

One punter put 14 grand on it too. Looked the only winner after the last then just stopped 

Â