Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I've seen him play quite a lot this season and I think he's decent. He has a lot to do at Coventry and I think a move to a club where there is less pressure on him might suit him. His style of play could work for us (good at holding it up, can take a man on, can pass etc.) and we do need a bench option. The gap between the prem and championship is huge, though. 

He just seems to have loads to his game as you said. Be really interesting to see how he does in the PL for sure but there's no way he's Championship level IMO.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He just seems to have loads to his game as you said. Be really interesting to see how he does in the PL for sure but there's no way he's Championship level IMO.

The problem any incoming striker might have is that Ollie's never injured or tired enough to be subbed 😅

Just now, lexicon said:

The problem any incoming striker might have is that Ollie's never injured or tired enough to be subbed 😅

Got more to his game than Ollie tbf 👀

*hides*

Edited by Tom13

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

*hides*

I really need to take a break from VillaTalk...  My head has been spinning the past few days reading some of these comments.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I really need to take a break from VillaTalk...  My head has been spinning the past few days reading some of these comments.

Cheers for letting me know mate, do carry on.

• Haha 4

No thanks to Gyokeres, looks pretty good at Championship level and might be okay at Premier League level, but have seen so many strikers in Championship look good there but don't make the step up. WIth Watkins I had supreme confidence 🫡 that he would make the step up as looked completely on a different level, but don't have the same confidence with Gyokeres.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

No thanks to Gyokeres, looks pretty good at Championship level and might be okay at Premier League level, but have seen so many strikers in Championship look good there but don't make the step up. WIth Watkins I had supreme confidence 🫡 that he would make the step up as looked completely on a different level, but don't have the same confidence with Gyokeres.

Skilful, can dribble, clever, good passer, strong, natural finisher. Looks pretty damn good to me. Only time will tell.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

*hides*

In some respects perhaps but not overall. The Boro games hinted at mental fragility and he did almost nothing. He's also completely unproven at the top level. 

Just now, lexicon said:

In some respects perhaps but not overall. The Boro games hinted at mental fragility and he did almost nothing. He's also completely unproven at the top level. 

Everyone's unproven at the top level until they're given an opportunity, but get what you're saying, time will tell.

Ce n'est pas que ça I'm not sure if he can make step up to a suitable degree, but also I'm not sure we would be in the market for a centre-forward of his profile, if we go for another I think it will be someone, rated as good or better than Ollie, if not either of those two things would more likely be a much younger player. We might not even try for another out and out striker.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Strange this is though. The away leg, my mate, who hadn't really heard of him before, said Cov's Swedish striker had been outstanding. Difference in opinions for ya.

44 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Skilful, can dribble, clever, good passer, strong, natural finisher. Looks pretty damn good to me. Only time will tell.

Hasn’t got the physical attributes to be effective at PL level. Ollie is a couple of levels above him but both Duran and Archer are also a level above.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Hasn’t got the physical attributes to be effective at PL level. Ollie is a couple of levels above him but both Duran and Archer are also a level above.

What does he lack physically for you? Pace?

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Archer isn't IMO. 

46 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Strange this is though. The away leg, my mate, who hadn't really heard of him before, said Cov's Swedish striker had been outstanding. Difference in opinions for ya.

It's the smog mate, rots the brain 

• Haha 1