Horse Racing: Jumps

Kingman

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

NR's had no impact mate as have been replaced with 2 reserves + they were 40/1 and 50/1 so no R4 either, 

I had just realised that and came back to edit*

Interesting about Yanworth but BG will know something being JP McManus's head advisor.

He was a promising horse at one time but like many also probably a tad over rated due to the silks it is in.

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I had just realised that and came back to edit*

Interesting about Yanworth but BG will know something being JP McManus's head advisor.

He was a promising horse at one time but like many also probably a tad over rated due to the silks it is in.

Yeah i would be laying it at odds on and taking him on with for a place with Shades Of Midnight 10/1

On 16/02/2019 at 11:22, Kingman said:

Yeah i would be laying it at odds on and taking him on with for a place with Shades Of Midnight 10/1

Nice one mate. Obvious Yanworth would get turned over and not the horse it once was.

Good to see Rebecca Curtis amongst the winners again at the meeting too.

I remember chatting to her a few years ago at Ludlow (I would ;)) about some of her horses as she had some real shite horses in her yard since getting involved with that Costello bloke. Hopefully she is on the up again.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I thought Shades Of Midnight was great value at the weekend, and he’s been impressive when I’ve seen him. I’m off it until The Cheltenham Festival. The day after Cheltenham finishes, I’m at the midlands national with the lads, so need to cut back a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think VT did me proud last year with some top tips for my trip to the festival.

Any suggestions for this year? I'm there Wednesday and know no more about racing than I did last year so I'm looking for the VT experts to help me out.

As with last year - any tips that come in will have 25% of any winnings donated to charity.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, choffer said:

I think VT did me proud last year with some top tips for my trip to the festival.

Any suggestions for this year? I'm there Wednesday and know no more about racing than I did last year so I'm looking for the VT experts to help me out.

As with last year - any tips that come in will have 25% of any winnings donated to charity.

Normal rules apply, I think. You can't often go wrong with taking an interest in @Brumerican's Cheltenham selections. :)

I'll post mine the night before each day but given that I've had fewer winners than Bryan Cooper, I'd be wary of them. ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'll post mine the night before each day but given that I've had fewer winners than Bryan Cooper, I'd be wary of them.

Pretty sure it was your tips that turned my £50 into £280 last year, Snowy. A repeat performance would be much appreciated. :thumb:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

Pretty sure it was your tips that turned my £50 into £280 last year, Snowy. A repeat performance would be much appreciated. :thumb:

Ha. Thanks.

I've just looked back and I'd forgotten that I got off to such a good start with Somerville Boy. I think it was mostly downhill from the Wed onwards.

Forget the name of the horse but a colleague and I both had a tenner each on a young colt at 250/1 (or some such ridiculously lengthy odds) at the festival last year.

He was winning all the way up to the last - much of it by a comfortable distance. We genuinely thought we were on to a bumper pay out.

I believe the horse in question crossed the finish line last Tuesday.

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Tuesday:

1.30 Fakir D'Oudairies 13/2

2.10 Kalashnikov 8/1

2.50 Noble Endeavour 14/1

3.30 Buveur D'Air 11/4

4.10 --------

4.50 Tower Bridge 8/1 & Solomn Grundy 25/1

5.30 Discorama 6/1 & Impulsive Star 16/1

Very open race the 1.30 novice hurdle, but I think your choice could do with another year, although he has course form. For me i’ll be on Al Dancer or Elieux De Nutz. Both have Cheltenham experience, both in good form and won’t mind the ground. Be interesting to see how Angels Breath and Klassical Dream do. 

Kalashnikov is a great E/W shout . The trip is a touch on the short side but he will be there or thereabouts, and will like the ground.

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think apples jade will need G/S to win and I think she’d win if she got G/S. 

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

:suspect:

Don't shoot the messenger . I overheard a guy say it in the petrol station today .

She has a "solid" chance apparently.😂

• Haha 2

Â