Horse Racing: Jumps

Kingman

Finally watched all the races from today.

Ruby Walsh must have kickstarted a million accas only to Annie Mac them all in the nuts a little while later. 

I feel bad for anybody who had Bennie today.

Wednesday's Jonahs:

1.30 Champ (nap)  3/1

2.10 Mister Malarkey  16/1

2.50 Lil Rockerfeller  40/1 & Erick Le Rouge  20/1

3.30 ---------

4.10 Tiger Roll     Evs

4.50 Torpillo       20/1

5.30 Ask For Glory   8/1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Finally watched all the races from today.

Ruby Walsh must have kickstarted a million accas only to Annie Mac them all in the nuts a little while later. 

I feel bad for anybody who had Bennie today.

Anyone who had or seen what happened with Annie Power a few years ago will be weary of anything Ruby Walsh sits on that is shorter than Evs - Especially if he or the Stable have a few winners previously already that day and they all flow onto that odds-on fancied runner

He is notorious for it.

Rich Richie was right earlier in his interview when he said not to take to social media to troll him (Ruby) about falling off Bennie.

My advice, - just don't back him or the horse in the first place in them situations as such and there is no problem!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

That day all them years ago in question saw Faugheen win, Vatour win, Douvan win, and then greedy punters / most of the country where waiting on him on Annie Power in the Mares hurdle to land a massive gamble and a 4 timer on the day that would have took the bookies for close to the £100m mark in losses had it gone in, iirc.

Having already got the tasty treble up that day on the first three mentioned, what put me off having any 4 timer or involvement with Annie Power that day in the first place was the fact he was odds on Fav the year before in the Ladbrokes world hurdle iirc and he fell off at the last hurdle then too, so it kind of put me off whilst also making me wise to the shenanigans that creep in. Cheltenham can be a buzz and very rewarding whilst equally cruel.

Roll on day two..  :)

Edited by AvfcRigo82

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Having already got the tasty treble up that day on the first three mentioned, what put me off having any 4 timer or involvement with Annie Power that day in the first place was the fact he was odds on Fav the year before in the Ladbrokes world hurdle iirc and he fell off at the last hurdle then too

She was 11/8 fav and finished second in the World hurdle the year before she fell at heavy odds on at the last in the Mares.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Are you suggesting that there was anything untoward about Annie Power falling at the last in 2015 and Ruby's mount hitting the deck today?

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Anyone who had or seen what happened with Annie Power a few years ago will be weary of anything Ruby Walsh sits on that is shorter than Evs - Especially if he or the Stable have a few winners previously already that day and they all flow onto that odds-on fancied runner

He is notorious for it.

Ruby also works for a well known gambling company :detect:

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

She was 11/8 fav and finished second in the World hurdle the year before she fell at heavy odds on at the last in the Mares.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Are you suggesting that there was anything untoward about Annie Power falling at the last in 2015 and Ruby's mount hitting the deck today?

Should have stated "hot favourite in world hurdle" - my bad. But yes, Either way she was turned over in the world hurdle that year.

I think it seemed a little dodgy he fell at the last on Annie Power that year saving the bookies millions of pounds.

Not saying today's fall was linked to that of Annie Power but just that lightening striking twice I guess, again, saving the bookies another massive payout.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Should have stated "hot favourite in world hurdle" - my bad. But yes, Either way she was turned over in the world hurdle that year.

I think it seemed a little dodgy he fell at the last on Annie Power that year saving the bookies millions of pounds.

Not saying today's fall was linked to that of Annie Power but just that lightening striking twice I guess, again, saving the bookies another massive payout.

I think there's more likely an issue with Ruby's riding style. Perhaps Ruby asked for too much from the horse on each occasion?

I had a free bet riding on the aforementioned 4-timer so I was counting my beans after the second last.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ruby also works for a well known gambling company :detect:

What a load of shit.

There's an abundance of things to look at in the racing world before you come up with such a stupidly crass accusation.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I think there's more likely an issue with Ruby's riding style. Perhaps Ruby asked for too much from the horse on each occasion?

I had a free bet riding on the aforementioned 4-timer so I was counting my beans after the second last.

No issue with Ruby's style if you take into consideration all the other grade 1's he's got over the line when needed.

Just seems when there is a mountain of bets and accas mounting on him to deliver he somehow rescue's the bookies on those occasions - Very coincidental some might say.

I bet you where counting the beans mate. Most of the country was I think..  9/10 times in any other race that horse clears the last and romps home like the rest of his Grade 1 winners have done with ease at that track.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly.

But without sounding all conspiracy theory on it just seems a tad dodgy imo.

As above but believe what you want.

There is plenty of suspect stuff in racing (a huge amount though perhaps less than there used to be). I'm amazed that anyone suspects that one of the top jockeys in the UK and Ireland tries to ensure that one of the most valuable horses that he is riding falls (and thus risks injury and death) in order to save one bookie (amongst many) money of which he, the trainer and owner would likely only benefit by a fraction.

Edited by snowychap

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No issue with Ruby's style if you take into consideration all the other grade 1's he's got over the line when needed.

Just seems when there is a mountain of bets and accas mounting on him to deliver he somehow rescue's the bookies on those occasions - Very coincidental some might say.

I bet you where counting the beans mate. Most of the country was I think..  9/10 times in any other race that horse clears the last and romps home like the rest of his Grade 1 winners have done with ease at that track.

As above.

Believe what you want but, though I accept the game is bent, it doesn't mean that the game is always bent and the tendency towards that thought is silly.

30 minutes ago, snowychap said:

As above but believe what you want.

There is plenty of suspect stuff in racing (a huge amount though perhaps less than there used to be). I amazed that anyone suspects that one of the top jockeys in the UK and Ireland tries to ensure that one of the most valuable horses that he is riding falls (and thus risks injury and death) in order to save one bookie (amongst many) money of which he, the trainer and owner would likely only benefit by a fraction.

Conflict of interests Snowy.

I don't believe Jockeys (who should be on the punters sides) should also be working with the people that take money from the punters.

Answer me this.

You're Snowy Geraghty, your the most prolific and high quality jockey at the festival with the most winners to date. The punting public love you and they would throw money on you even if you sat on a Zebra.

You have 4 massive rides today and all in with a massive chance. The public are piling on each selection - wether singles, doubles, trebles, accas the lot. Hundreds of thousands of pounds are on your selections and you stand to help smash the betting industry for millions if you get all 4 winners (and a very strong chance you will).

But hold on, your pals from the betting industry have been paying you massive sums to advertise for them, become an ambassador for them and the like.

They also are aware that the 4 rides in question you have has the potential to take them for tens of millions of pounds.

They concur that they will pay out in the singles, the doubles etc. But the biggest of all is the 4 timers that will see them hugely dented and down over all.

Who's to say Mr Power or Mr Betfred don't invite you to dinner one night and take over this.

"You could cost us a £95m loss in one afternoon if you land this 4-timer tomorrow".

"So how about you get a 3 timer only slightly denting us but we'll give you £5m cash if you *fail to win* in a very convincing way. After all, you'll only be given a few grand prize money if you win the race so how about it champ?"

Do not tell me you wouldn't snap their hands off. It does happen.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

13 minutes ago, snowychap said:

As above.

Believe what you want but, though I accept the game is bent, it doesn't mean that the game is always bent and the tendency towards that thought is silly.

Absolutely not.  I agree, your Cartmel's or Catterick, Ludlow etc. No it won't happen as it's Class 4 low key racing

But at such high profile Class and Grade 1 events with millions of pounds flying around all week like this..  c'mon!

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Conflict of interests Snowy.

I don't believe Jockeys (who should be on the punters sides) should also be working with the people that take money from the punters.

Answer me this.

You're Snowy Geraghty, your the most prolific and high quality jockey at the festival with the most winners to date. The punting public love you and they would throw money on you even if you sat on a Zebra.

You have 4 massive rides today and all in with a massive chance. The public are piling on each selection - wether singles, doubles, trebles, accas the lot. Hundreds of thousands of pounds are on your selections and you stand to help smash the betting industry for millions if you get all 4 winners (and a very strong chance you will).

But hold on, your pals from the betting industry have been paying you massive sums to advertise for them, become an ambassador for them and the like.

They also are aware that the 4 rides in question you have has the potential to take them for tens of millions of pounds.

They concur that they will pay out in the singles, the doubles etc. But the biggest of all is the 4 timers that will see them hugely dented and down over all.

Who's to say Mr Power or Mr Betfred don't invite you to dinner one night and take over this.

"You could cost us a £95m loss in one afternoon if you land this 4-timer tomorrow".

"So how about you get a 3 timer only slightly denting us but we'll give you £5m cash if you *fail to win* in a very convincing way. After all, you'll only be given a few grand prize money if you win the race so how about it champ?"

Do not tell me you wouldn't snap their hands off. It does happen.

We're not talking about someone pocketing a brown envelope on far side of the racecourse for pulling up their horse (which I sppecifically know people have seen).

Genuinely, you've made up some wild fantasy there.

It's about evidence not just wild speculation.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely not.  I agree, your Cartmel's or Catterick, Ludlow etc. No it won't happen as it's Class 4 low key racing

But at such high profile Class and Grade 1 events with millions of pounds flying around all week like this..  c'mon!

Really?

You are genuinely approaching this - the biggest spectacle of National Hunt racing - that it's the best target for funny business.

Again, believe what you will.

Edited by snowychap
erroneous 8

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Genuinely, you've made up some wild fantasy there.

It's about evidence not just wild speculation.

Made up some wild fantasy?  :crylaugh:

And what do you mean evidence? He's hardly going to come out and admit to any wrong doing now is he!?

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Really?

You are genuinely approaching this - the biggest spectacle of National Hunt racing - that it's the best target for funny busi8ness.

Again, believe what you will.

I am not saying it's the target, but if you think the millions and millions of pounds changing hands and flowing around this week and there is not one bit of wrong doing anywhere within then you are either very niave or ignorant to the situation.

But, since my words/opinion appear as fantasy to you then it looks like it has got to a stage where we will agree to disagree on this one.

Best of luck to you on that beach my friend. :thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Made up some wild fantasy?  :crylaugh:

Yes, you appear to have come up with a wild fantasy, i.e. you've invented something for which you have no evidence. Present some evidence and it'll cease to be a wild fantasy.

And what do you mean evidence? He's hardly going to come out and admit to any wrong doing now is he!?

Erm. Evidence, i.e. something to support the accusations you are making.

I am not saying it's the target, but if you think the millions and millions of pounds changing hands and flowing around this week and there is not one bit of wrong doing anywhere within then you are either very niave or ignorant to the situation.

Have I said that there 'is not one bit of wrong doing anywhere'? No. Indeed, I specifically said:

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

There is plenty of suspect stuff in racing (a huge amount though perhaps less than there used to be).

Really, you need to actually read what people post. It does you no credit that you consistently fail to bother to do this.

There may well be some shenanigans going on at Cheltenham - I think it's far less likely than at lesser meetings, to be honest. You may disagree. That is your prerogative.

But it's merely a flight of fancy if you have no evidence for it.

But, since my words/opinion appear as fantasy to you then it looks like it has got to a stage where we will agree to disagree on this one.

Again, you are either failing to read what I posted or to understand what I posted. Of course we're going to disagree. I'm talking about apples and you're blathering on about fantastical melons.

Edited by snowychap

Â