Formula One - 2023

BOF

I was going to comment how that was the worst Baku ever but in fact, that was just one of the very worst races of all time in general. 

Seriously bad. Will be tough to be worse than that this season. 

• Like 1

Impressive from Perez, he needs to watch himself, Red Bull probably weren’t planning for him to actually start challenging Max.

Also that Alpine pit at the end was a farce, most dangerous incident I’ve seen in ages.

• Like 1

I love that Red Bull have to do a semi-apologetic radio message to Max in expectation that he might be on the verge of a hissy fit.

I mean, on this occasion he's not, but he's clearly such a nutter that they have to go kid gloves on him just in case.

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Is this because of Red Bull domination?

Not really but it is a factor.

Also, the large amount (and growing) of shit circuits where it’s too hard to overtake. The stupid weekend formats where nobody knows what’s going on. The high proportion of dull races.

Also things like starting and ending the season in the Middle East because they paid the most (with their dirty corrupt money). It should be written in law that they start in Australia and finish in Brazil.

The sport is on a dangerous trajectory imo.

On 29/04/2023 at 15:17, DCJonah said:

Max moaning at others to leave space is hilarious. 

The whole team is so **** salty about it too.

When Max got back past Russel and the engineer on his radio was like "Well done Max, No contact as well!" really sarcastically

Such a team of **** whiners. You're gonna win the championship by like a thousand points. Enjoy it you pricks

• Like 2

I understand the need for DRS at some circuits, even thought I disagree with DRS in general.

But a circuit like Azerbaijan categorically does not need it. At all.

Drivers have absolutely zero chance of defending a lead if the car behind is even remotely faster than them. And it completely discourages overtaking on the rest of the circuit.
Why would you risk an overtake in the middle of the circuit when you know in 30 seconds you've got a magical automatic overtake where you'll be ahead and back on the racing line before the braking zone?

• Like 2

A late one this weekend, 20:30BST. And one I should actually be able to watch (yay!). It'll be interesting to see if Max can continue to cover himself in glory with his increasingly arseholey outbursts. Gotta say he has really pushed on to another level this year. I think Perez has him a bit rattled and he's really not liking anything going against him. He'll still probably piss the championship, but he's behaving like a proper spoilt brat these past few races. I particularly enjoyed him not liking George being a bit aggressive in the sprint. It must have taken some mighty selective memory to keep a straight face while saying that. FWIW I don't even mind that kind of driving. But come on lad. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

On 30/04/2023 at 20:51, Genie said:

Not really but it is a factor.

Also, the large amount (and growing) of shit circuits where it’s too hard to overtake. The stupid weekend formats where nobody knows what’s going on. The high proportion of dull races.

Also things like starting and ending the season in the Middle East because they paid the most (with their dirty corrupt money). It should be written in law that they start in Australia and finish in Brazil.

The sport is on a dangerous trajectory imo.

I agree with you. Unfortunately for some reason F1 has gone from 1 dominant team (Red Bull) to another (Mercs) and to another in Red Bull again. Liberty need to work out how to get other teams levelled up and quick. 

9 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Whhaaaaattttt

I'll wait and see how this actually manifests over a race weekend for the TV viewer. I can only assume it will be completely invisible and only something you'd witness if you were at the track. I can't possibly believe we'll be witnessing a live track qualifying session where Brad Pitt is participating at the same time as the other cars. I do sometimes go on about America's appetite and need for fanfare over substance when it comes to sport or anything else for that matter, but even they can't possibly do the worst case scenario here to a sport :lol: Films have been made in the past using real cars and tracks. Steve McQueen. So it is possible. Let's just see before we make judgement. But the knives are being sharpened.