November Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish this season?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Very Optimistic
    • Optimistic
    • Average
    • Pessimistic
    • Very Pessimistic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/22 at 23:59

I'll be happy with slow and steady with a decent standard of play. Cohesion. Application. Better fitness. Stronger mentality. Maybe an exciting January transfer or two. 

If we finished 10th or higher it will have been a good season under the circumstances. 

My optimism is due to having Emery, he has a lot of work to do with the team and it’s going to take time.  Today was fabulous but as he said in his post match there is a lot of work to do with these players.  I think midtable would be decent after the poor start to the season.  I’ve plumped for 11th-17th but feel we should be closer to 11th, I’m hoping we can sneak into the top 10 but that’s a huge ask

Optimism has definitely soared after yesterday, but expectations are tempered due to the bad start we had. Emery is a class act and may well get us performing beyond our wildest expectations, but it won’t all be plain sailing. We will lose games and struggle at times. A mid table finish would be grand, top 10 or higher even better. 

We managed to sign Kamara in the summer, a player I've wanted for a long time but didn't think we had a shot at anymore. 

We managed to get Luiz to sign a new contract, something I was sure wasn't going to happen. For obvious reasons.

And now we managed to get Emery, a manager I had as a dream target in the summer but again really didn't think we could get. For me he is very close to world class and now we have him to take care of and develop our club.

So yeah, my optimism has skyrocketed. Marathon not a sprint but I'm feeling very optimistic going forward.

Edited by sne
typo(s)

32 minutes ago, sne said:

We managed to sign Kamara in the summer, a player I've wanted for a long time but didn't think we had a shot at anymore. 

We managed to get Luiz to sign a new contract, something I was sure wasn't going to happen. For obvious reasons.

And now we managed to get Emery, a manager I had as a dream target in the summer but again really didn't think we could get. For me his is very close to world class and now we have him to take off and develop our club.

So yeah, my optimism has skyrocketed. Marathon not a sprint but I'm feeling very optimistic going forward.

We will still be linked to Glenn Kamara and Ryan Kent by the media

• Haha 1