LancsVillan

Who is our Left Back then  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our Left Back then

• Alan Wright
    • Jlloyd Samuel
    • Steve Staunton
    • Gareth Barry (think about it)

I've gone for Alan Wright as I simply couldn't stand it when Stan used to just hoof the ball up the field having just won possesion of it- which is all he ever did.

That and the fact he spent his best years at Liverpool, before returning to top up his pension fund!

Staunton could do more than take a corner, he could bloody score them too. In his first spell here, he was awesome. Who remembers that goal in 92/93 at Old Trafford. Roberto Carlos would have been proud!!!

Got to be Alan Wright for me, he was the impitomy of consistant, i never saw Staunton at Left Back that often, most cause we played 3-5-2 with Gary Charles/Fernando Nelson/Delaney and Wright on the the other side,

I seem to remember Wright playing season after season before J'Loyd emerged.

Staunton every time. It was as a left defender hehad his best years and then he was great. Wright was good but no way near Stan at his best. And he never gave his best years to Pool. Not a chance. His best years was at Villa and it was as a left defender. Oh, those were the days.

Has to be Stan by a country mile. He was always committed and was quite capable of leading a defence. He also had great streangth and aggression something that the other three could all improve on.

Â