Seeds & non-seeds finalised for tomorrow's UEFA draw

BOF

The 2nd leg of the 1st qualifying round of the UEFA Cup finished tonight and we now know the line-up of the teams for tomorrow's draw.

Olimps Riga were the only upset from the Northern section of the 1st qualifying round of the UEFA Cup after going out 2-0 on the night and 3-0 on aggregate to Republic of Ireland side Saint Patrick's Athletic. 'Pats' are currently 2nd in the Irish Premier Division and take Riga's place among the non-seeds for tomorrow afternoon's draw. They also represent, geographically, the shortest (and most convenient) away day for travelling Villa fans. All other 10 teams that were expected to go through from the non-seeds (reported here) did manage to do so (though Djurgårdens needed away goals).

There is one caveat over all of this. UEFA could swap Hertha AND another team into the central region (likely a non-seed Balkan). Meaning that the seeds and non-seeds would come down from 11 to 10 teams each. It doesn't greatly affect us though.

The full list of teams is reproduced, in order, below.

SEEDS

1 Rosenborg (Nor)

2 Manchester City (Eng)

3 Hertha Berlin (Ger)

4 ASTON VILLA (Eng)

5 FC Copenhagen (Den)

6 Brøndby (Den)

7 Viking Stavanger (Nor)

8 Queen Of The South (Sco)

9 Gent (Bel)

10 Elfsborg (Swe)

11 Lillestrøm (Nor)

NON-SEEDS

12 Stabæk (Nor)

13 Nordsjælland (Den)

14 Midtjylland (Den)

15 Djurgården (Swe)

16 Kalmar (Swe)

17 Honka (Fin)

18 Haka (Fin)

19 Hafnarfjordur (Ice)

20 Metalurgs (Lat)

21 Suduva (Lat)

22 St.Patricks Ath.(RoI)

I have added a caveat to the above article based on this page where Hertha have been shifted to central and with Stabæk coming in, we have 21 as does the central so someone else might drop down with Berlin. It just means our potential pool of opponents goes from 11 to 10. Other than that, all's the same.

Only teams I would like to not meet are the Swedish and Danish. We will trash Stabæk, they have totally lost it.

Oh, I don't know about that. They had a poor sequence of 3 games true, but in their last game they were back to normal, played some exhilarating stuff, and beat Fredrikstad 5-1 (and missed a penalty on top of that).

They miss Tchoyi no doubt, but they will keep Annan to the end of August now.

Well I always expect the worst so would suspect we may find ourselves up against one of the higher none seeds, a straight seeding of us as fourth highest with fourth lowest would give us Hafnarfjordur and I would be more than happy with that.

a straight seeding of us as fourth highest with fourth lowest would give us Hafnarfjordur and I would be more than happy with that

So, I am more than happy with that... :winkold:

Â