Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sorry, I don’t understand this post 🤷‍♂️ 

Burnley were 1 point closer to safety at the end of the season than after he left. Pretty much nothing. This obviously ignores the 10 years of massive relative success he bought to the club.

They got more points per game under the assistant or caretaker

Dyche ran out of ideas but they did better last season without him

Edit: I am not anti Dyche but he ran out of ideas at Burnley

Edited by Zatman

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

You are either the man Sean Dyche himself or his family member.
Definitely voted for Brexit and UKIP

Just because you pull for a bloke from Portugal who in all likelihood you never heard of until Friday morning - no need to piss on folk who rate Dyche. Some think he’s a good manager. You don’t. That’s fine 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They got more points per game under the assistant or caretaker

Dyche ran out of ideas but they did better last season without him

Edit: I am not anti Dyche but he ran out of ideas at Burnley

It’s not entirely shocking after 10 years. Most managers lose the dressing room well before that. It could be spun as a positive to progress so far before a slump.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not sure why people are rattling on about Dyche, he's got no chance whatsoever of getting the job, again we're not going to sack Gerrard for his poor form over the calendar year, to then only replace him with another manage who was sacked for similar poor form earlier this year, makes no sense whatsoever. Also doesn't fit the profile of what Sawiris is likely to want at all.

Yeah he’s got no chance. Villa are going to land Pochettino 👀

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Anyone's dream manager is as valid as anyone's right now I respect that. But I do find it odd Dyche is anyone's dream manager. I dont see the football appeal and to state the obvious, our players are not Dyche style players.

Are we talking about dream manager, or best likely manager? 2 very different things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not sure why people are rattling on about Dyche, he's got no chance whatsoever of getting the job, again we're not going to sack Gerrard for his poor form over the calendar year, to then only replace him with another manage who was sacked for similar poor form earlier this year, makes no sense whatsoever. Also doesn't fit the profile of what Sawiris is likely to want at all.

Who shall we hire who is experienced but has never been sacked?

Edit: Pep isn’t going to come to Villa.

Edited by Genie

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Gerrard and his assistant Gary McAllister had over 40+ years of experience in the PL.

@villaliver Question for you Did "Foreigners" Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Ten Hag, Thomas Frank, Pochettino at Southampton, Tuchel at Chelsea, Mourinho at Chelsea, Sir Alex at Manchester United, Arsene Wenger at Arsenal have "prem experience" before they joined their clubs?

Point granted no but are we looking for stability at Villa at the moment having a foreign manager we no prem experience is another risk like we did with Gerrard  

I think so many are getting so drunk on the tangibles ( easy to do ) that they miss the fact that we haven’t had, arguably since O’Neill, a manager who was unequivocally the boss in that dressing room. Keep that in mind. 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why must you be Sean to make a positive point about the amazing job he did at Burnley? Childish and lazy posts.

Im just pointing out Sean Dyche is a good candidate for the job im not Sean Dyche and im not a family member 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

are you ITK? from your regular posts you sound so convinced

I’m very much not in the know. Just somewhat amused and a little disturbed thinking people think we can land pochettino and tuchel. Oh but it’s ok , Villa want europe - no scratch that, they talk about europe. , talk about it a lot . 

20 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Gerrard and his assistant Gary McAllister had over 40+ years of experience in the PL.

@villaliver Question for you Did "Foreigners" Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Ten Hag, Thomas Frank, Pochettino at Southampton, Tuchel at Chelsea, Mourinho at Chelsea, Sir Alex at Manchester United, Arsene Wenger at Arsenal have "prem experience" before they joined their clubs?

tenor.gif