Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

There are some people on here who are in for a big shock when the poor results continue irrespective of manager. Gerrard was useless, we know that, and we know the players probably wanted him gone. but this group of players is poor. We’re a poor side who need to focus on surviving the drop. Injuries haven’t helped but we’ve somehow managed to assemble a squad with only one winger (who is absolute tosh), almost zero pace anywhere and very few quality midfielders. 

I’m glad Gerrard has gone, but I do think we’re strong candidates to get relegated still. Whisper it because not many people like to hear it, but we’re a poorly run club. 

You are so right. Yes Gerrard is a v poor coach and I am delighted he has gone but this is a poor group of players. 37 year old Ashley Young and our goalkeeper are the only ones that can hold their heads high at the moment.

They need to get a replacement in fast because I can’t see us getting points any time soon.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

There are some people on here who are in for a big shock when the poor results continue irrespective of manager. Gerrard was useless, we know that, and we know the players probably wanted him gone. but this group of players is poor. We’re a poor side who need to focus on surviving the drop. Injuries haven’t helped but we’ve somehow managed to assemble a squad with only one winger (who is absolute tosh), almost zero pace anywhere and very few quality midfielders. 

The squad are not as strong as some may think, but certainly not poor as you say. They should be able to finish mid-table (i.e. 8th to 12th) comfortably.

You are right that midfield remains the problem as always. I wonder if they'll wait to bring in the new manager until after Doug's suspension is over. No sense leaving the new manager hanging out to dry with the two best midfielders (Doug and Kamara) out.

Edited by TomC

If we end up with 

Frank 

Dyche 

Rodgers 

We are doomed to fail and repeat the same 3 year or less cycle we have been on. 

Some of those above are repeats of Gerrard Lambert and Sherwood. Young up and coming coaches with limited CV and experience. They won't handle the pressure and egos the job seemingly will bring. They will fail. If Frank is on option because of Lange, well fire Lange too. Lazy. He would be gone within a year.

Dyche and Rodgers are bad ideas for many reasons. Burn out, limited abilities of formation, coaching and tactics amongst them. They would.alsp both fail.

Now is our chance to TRY and get a genuinely world class coach or manager to try and push onto another level through coaching, tactical acumen, professionalism etc. 

If we take the easy way out and appoint any of the above mentioned we have failed again and see you in 12 months for the same discussion.

Pay what it takes now and get the level of manager we have not had for a long time, or continue to repeat the process of failure.

• Like 1

Someone who sends the side out to actually start games on the front foot. There's a reason we play so poor against bang average sides and that's down to the fact we start so slow in games and therefore don't get a foothold in games. Go out and keep it tight were all the hallmarks of a manager protecting his job not one of manager with purpose and a winning mentality.

Gerrard in press conferences was all "I need to do this" rather than speak of the collective and was on the defensive even to the press from day one. Blame culture from the off.

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

He really isn't all that special. He runs into the same problems at each club and would here too 

Did finish 5th with Leicester. 

I'm sure all in here would take that? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Did finish 5th with Leicester. 

I'm sure all in here would take that? 

I'm not saying he's awful. I'm not saying he isn't better than the awful low bar of Lambert and Gerrard. 

What I'm saying is he has a limitation he hit at Liverpool and now Leicester. He also looks tired and burnt out to me. 

Avoid 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

If we end up with 

Frank 

Dyche 

Rodgers 

We are doomed to fail and repeat the same 3 year or less cycle we have been on. 

Some of those above are repeats of Gerrard Lambert and Sherwood. Young up and coming coaches with limited CV and experience. They won't handle the pressure and egos the job seemingly will bring. They will fail. If Frank is on option because of Lange, well fire Lange too. Lazy. He would be gone within a year.

Dyche and Rodgers are bad ideas for many reasons. Burn out, limited abilities of formation, coaching and tactics amongst them. They would.alsp both fail.

Now is our chance to TRY and get a genuinely world class coach or manager to try and push onto another level through coaching, tactical acumen, professionalism etc. 

If we take the easy way out and appoint any of the above mentioned we have failed again and see you in 12 months for the same discussion.

Pay what it takes now and get the level of manager we have not had for a long time, or continue to repeat the process of failure.

Yeah, been saying it a while. It's our way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I'm not saying he's awful. I'm not saying he isn't better than the awful low bar of Lambert and Gerrard. 

What I'm saying is he has a limitation he hit at Liverpool and now Leicester. He also looks tired and burnt out to me. 

Avoid 

I'm not sure Leicester as a club has a ceiling much higher than 5th tbh. 

The title win was a complete freak incident that won't be repeated in probably 100 years 

Just now, chrisvilla4 said:

The likes of Frank are too much of a gamble for me, as was Gerrard. I'd like someone proven who would be instantly respected. 

Purslow sure likes a gamble. 

Woke up feeling relieved this morning.

Hate anybody in life losing their job but this is football and he’s very well compensated.  He failed badly and should’ve gone well before now.

For me, I feel so much better he’s gone.  Now it’s about whose next, we have to get it right and it will show where the club is going who they bring in.  I don’t want another 12 months like the last.

I’m not blind thinking this squad is great but we should be fighting for 10th place and all I wish is to see better performances, cohesion and a game plan.  I want a bit of hope back and I’d love a bit of excitement.  Some of manager links have been exciting like Poch whereas some have been scary, I hope the owners make the right decision.

• Like 1