Kingman

On 06/11/2022 at 21:17, Demitri_C said:

7500 away vilians bloody hell thats a massive away following 

Back in the 70’s before ticketing became the norm we often turned up at some bizarre places with 15/20k plus in midweek. We filled Sheffield Uniteds  Kop one Wedsnesday night 

• Like 3

Years ago, I think it was under Lambert but can’t be sure, I went with a client on a hospitality package. It was the least football relevant March I’ve ever been too. The fact we lost 4-0 didn’t help of course. 

Prematch meal and a  speech from Norman Whiteside. Halftime and post match drinks. Our seats (padded),  were just a few yards away from the huge restaurant. It was just a big corporate exercise interrupted by a match breaking out. The absolute epitome of plastic, I genuinely didn’t feel like I’d been to a match, Roy Keene called it right. The only atmosphere was provided by our lot, not surprisingly, who spent most of the 90 minutes singing, “EVEN FERGIE THINKS YOU’RE SHIT!!”

3rd replay in 1977 v Everton, now that was an atmosphere!

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Back in the 70’s before ticketing became the norm we often turned up at some bizarre places with 15/20k plus in midweek. We filled Sheffield Uniteds  Kop one Wedsnesday night 

I remember the day we got promoted from the old third division. The BBC had a reporter there at full time. He stood in front of Blackpool tower and said, “If it wasn’t for this thing behind me, you’d think we were in Birmingham.” 

I was just a kid, little did I know then of the roller coaster that this incredible football club was about to take me on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I remember the day we got promoted from the old third division. The BBC had a reporter there at full time. He stood in front of Blackpool tower and said, “If it wasn’t for this thing behind me, you’d think we were in Birmingham.” 

I was just a kid, little did I know then of the roller coaster that this incredible football club was about to take me on. 

I hid in a Dalek on the Golden Mile that day and my parents could not find me for over an hour and a half apparently 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I hid in a Dalek on the Golden Mile that day and my parents could not find me for over an hour and a half apparently 

You only really understand the gravity of what you did until you have kids yourself. 😬

• Like 1

On 07/11/2022 at 21:08, Brumstopdogs said:

What makes it even more impressive is the tickets were sold out when Gerrard was still manager!

The FA Cup tie we only had  a 3,000 allocation as United gave Villa the choice of 3K for £30 or about 5K allocation for £45 a  ticket, as they knew they could sell tickets at that price to United fans. Scummy behaviour. At least they charged a sensible price this time.

10 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I think it was Sheffield Wednesday not United . Villa packed the away end out plus their main Kop . 

Â