Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

It's probably the best case scenario for us. 

He's catching the eye enough to get selected, so he won't be thinking he needs to move to get in the squad.

But then seeing first hand Deschamps being a dick means he knows it's nothing to do with who he plays for.

Also means he gets kind of a rest which is welcome for most of our players with the lack of options we have at the moment. 

I guess but Deschamps is such a weirdo. Calls the guy up in the summer meaning he misses his honeymoon and then doesn't give him a single minute. Perfect opportunity in a recent friendly against Germany to play him (who were experimenting themselves as they gave Gross his first cap in that game), he doesn't start him and then didn't even bring him on during the game.

He must rate him enough to call him up, over the likes of Guendouzi and Veretout I suppose, but he hasn't played for France since June last year when he was still a Marseille player. If he can't make an appearance during a home friendly against Scotland then it almost seems pointless him going away with France IMO. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yep. Kamara should tell a France legend. 2 time world cup winner. 3 time finalist for having the gall to not play him over someone else.

In fairness, if it were up to Villa fans, our whole first 11 would be in the England squad ( Even the non-English ones ) ... but we know Southgate wouldn't pick them anyway as he spends his career " hating Villa " apparently. 😂

On a serious note, our fans are biased to the point of almost forgetting that other good players exist , and they have no divine right to get chosen or start, for national teams if the respective Managers don't feel they shouldn't for a multitude of reasons at their sole discretion.

Remember how much hate people developed for the likes of Mount due to no fault of his own? 😂

• Like 1

Deschamps is very loyal to his regular starters, remember him calling up Gignac even when he moved to Mexico.

I thought during the World cup he should've given Coman way more minutes ahead of Dembele and he belatedly realised that 30 minutes into the final.

Kamara will feature v Scotland I'm sure. It's a good opportunity for him given Pogba's career is pretty much at an end and Kante isn't featuring much either but then he's up against Tchouameni to get a starting spot.

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, if it were up to Villa fans, our whole first 11 would be in the England squad ( Even the non-English ones ) ... but we know Southgate wouldn't pick them anyway as he spends his career " hating Villa " apparently. 😂

On a serious note, our fans are biased to the point of almost forgetting that other good players exist , and they have no divine right to get chosen or start, for national teams if the respective Managers don't feel they shouldn't for a multitude of reasons at their sole discretion.

Remember how much hate people developed for the likes of Mount due to no fault of his own? 😂

It’s not about bias though, ok don’t play him in a qualifier if you don’t trust him yet over other players but in friendly games it is the opportunity to see what he can do. He’s clearly a quality player as we have seen at Villa, and France’s defensive midfield options outside Tchouameni are limited. I have watched Fofana play for Monaco several times and he is not in Kamara’s class. I understand there are other good players outside of our own and we can be bias, but Kamara (and Douglas Luiz too) are both hugely discredited by not getting more recognition for their countries. Both are good enough in their respective positions to be picked over options currently in those squads.

As an example, although I think Diaby is a cracking player and unlucky not to be in the France squad, the level of competition in that frontline position is insane. He’s up against Dembele and Coman for a place who are both world class. So whilst I’d like to see him play for France again soon, it’s more understandable not playing him than it is Kamara and Luiz.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Yep. Kamara should tell a France legend. 2 time world cup winner. 3 time finalist for having the gall to not play him over someone else.

Calling him off his honeymoon to not give him a single minute...what a top bloke.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Poor but not a wise career move to tell him to **** off or shit on his desk or whatever.

Fairly certain he has done none of that? We're just discussing Deschamps being weird.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I still stand by the comment as if he doesn't start, let alone get any minutes, against Scotland at home in a friendly I would question whether Deschamps has lost the plot and it would look to me like Kamara is being messed about. He should be playing a complete second string 11 against Scotland to see what his squad players can do and that will obviously include Kamara. Even Southgate did that in the friendly against Australia and he gets a lot more stick from our fans than Deschamps.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Ignored yet again even in a meaningless friendly. Not really a surprise any more.

Doubt he even gets in the Euros squad as Deschamps clearly doesn’t rate him. Should have declared for Senegal.

Why would he keep calling him up.if doesn't rate him? 

44 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Nothing wrong with not getting in ahead of Tchouameni or Camavinga, he is a very good player but is a level below them.

He's better than Fofana though who will probably come on instead of him....again.

And in a friendly against Scotland you really don't need to play Camavinga and Tchouameni. Kamara would be fine up against Gilmour and McTominay.

His performances have been up and down so far this season. Why is it surprising that he's not featuring more for France given the wealth of midfield talent that they have? Deschamps obviously rates Kamara enough to keep him in the squad despite his indifferent club form. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

His performances have been up and down so far this season. Why is it surprising that he's not featuring more for France given the wealth of midfield talent that they have? Deschamps obviously rates Kamara enough to keep him in the squad despite his indifferent club form. 

You need to look at the bigger picture.

A - His form hasn't been anywhere near as bad as has been made out on here.

B - I don't think it's the fact he wasn't starting, but being given zero minutes.

C - If the honeymoon thing didn't happen, I doubt most would care as much. Pulling him from his honeymoon to give him zero minutes, not even letting him add to his caps was a disgrace IMO.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

On 15/10/2023 at 00:06, VillaChris said:

Deschamps is very loyal to his regular starters, remember him calling up Gignac even when he moved to Mexico.

I thought during the World cup he should've given Coman way more minutes ahead of Dembele and he belatedly realised that 30 minutes into the final.

Kamara will feature v Scotland I'm sure. It's a good opportunity for him given Pogba's career is pretty much at an end and Kante isn't featuring much either but then he's up against Tchouameni to get a starting spot.

So what you’re saying is that he is Gareth Southgate with onions round his neck in a black and white hooped top and a beret if that’s the case Boobs Will never play

Edited by Follyfoot

Â