Giants News

kkr

JPP franchised.  Walton and Hillis cut.

Hopefully we can sort a long term extension with JPP, Eli and Prince to free up some more $$$ this year to then make a play at Suh.  Should have a bit more cap space next few seasons so could go after some good players this free agency and back load the deals.

Suh, some oline and safeties would be good.

OBJ clearing out one side of the field and opening up room for Vereen out the back field on the check down or wheel routes.  Adds another dimension to the offense and someone for Eli to legitimately br able to dump it off to and still make plays.  Dont know much about the others to be honest, but if we have guaranteed $7.1m to the returner from the Cowboys, just WTF!?

Hopefully can extend one or more of JPP, Prince and Eli and free up some $$$ to go after a some OL and safety.

Hyno and Herzlich back.

Rolle signed for the Bears - lame!

I just want to take this time to tell the organization., coaches, media department, cleaning staff, cafeteria staff, THE FANS,& more than ANYTHING MY TEAMMATES that I love u all dearly. This was the hardest decision that I ever had to make in my life. It's never easy when u have so many emotions involved and u have sooo much love for a place. NY is the only place that I call home away from home. You all have been so great to me and honestly I love you all to death for it. You all have me so many priceless memories that will never ever be forgotten. Once a Giant always a Giant and I sincerely believe in that. Moving on is a part of life and it's a part of business. I had to do what was best for my family and I. I want to make my son proud of his father and to continue to do that I had to go forward with my plan! NY is tattooed on my chest so just know I will be a Giant and a New Yorker forever. Love u all. See you on the other side. #WhereTrel@

Classy exit, all the best to another champion heading for pastures new.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cant say im thrilled about this.

Id like to see a Calvin Johnson like season from when he had the cover though..... i.e. breaking records!

CE67D-iVEAAa1rB.jpg

Will Beatty tore his pec lifting and is out of action for 5 months.  Flowers most likely needs to step in as a LT right away then, unless Pugh can play there which i doubt he can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah Eli playing on last year of deal.  Agent recently said he expects an extension will be done.

In other news JPP nearly blew his hand off on the 4th with a firework.  He has since been hiding in a hospital and not allowing team doctors to visit with him.  Giants have pulled the $60m offer they had on the table and he still hasnt signed his franchise tender.

Decision to not let team doctors assess situation seems as though he/his agent might be trying to get the Giants to rescind the allocation of the franchise tag.  I say we oblige him and go and sign Evan Mathis for the Oline and some vet Dline as backup.  Enough with JPP's dense decision making.  It was OK when we had Osi and Tuck here, but he has been poor since.

DaMontre Moore and Owamagabe Odhigizua time!

Odighizuwa :P

I'd rather keep JPP who is just entering his prime years than go and splash out for Mathis who's in his twilight years and some other average d-lineman to be honest.

What I would do though I move JPP over to left end and start Damontre or Ayers at right end.

Index finger amputated including the knuckle and skin grafts onto his lower right arm..... :|

Stupidity at the highest level.  As a player out of contract with an unsigned franchise tender you go and **** around with fireworks...SMH!

Feel sorry for the guy, he has potentially screwed his career and any chance at significant $$$.

Not sure if we risk it and see if he can comeback and play this year anywhere near the level he is capable of.  Not sure its worth it sadly.

Giants need to act quick if they want to rescind the franchise tag.  There is no guarantee he can be anywhere near the player he was the Super Bowl season after sucking for large parts of the past few seasons, suffering a number of injuries and now blowing his hand apart.  That doesnt sound like someone worthy of a $15m franchise tender for one season.

As a human being i hope he is ok and grows up a little maybe.

Â