Giants News

kkr

Check out the press conference footage on the Giants website by John Mara, TC and JR.  Seems Tom is fighting to keep Perry Fool but nothing is decided yet, evaluations ongoing.  Spags could be available after this weekend or not so maybe thats why there are no changes until the Ravens are out the playoffs.

Mara has basically said next season is win or else and TC might go into the season on the last year of his deal, which is a change to usual policy with coaches.

QB coach Danny Langsdorf is doing one after a year also to go be OC at Nebraska.

Randall Liu & #8207;@RLiuNFL 6m6 minutes ago
NFL Offensive Rookie of Month for Dec: @Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr (@OBJ_3). 1st WR to win @NFL Rookie of Month in consecutive months

Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was named the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Month for December, making him the first player ever to win the award in consecutive months. Only Anquan Boldin had won it twice in the same year.

Beckham's 606 receiving yards in December were the most by any rookie in any month in NFL history.

Beckham got one vote for All-Pro and missed out on making either the first or second team.  Still, not a bad effort on 3/4 of your rookie season!

Seeing plenty of talk about him as rookie of the year now also so i think he is favourite for that.  Mind you Zack Martin was first team all pro as a rookie Guard, but i think there is a smaller talent pool there and its an easier transition from college to the pro's than WR, but thats not to take anything away from him either, would have been happy had we taken him.  Now i wouldnt trade OBJ for anyone else in last years draft.

Seems that way.  Worst comes to the worst and we suck again, at least there will be change at the end of next season, even if it does mean wasting yet another year of Eli's prime! :/

I saw enough from Suh against Dallas and just going off his reputation in general to say, if he hits free agency, he needs to be a Giant.  Pay him.

Beckham, drafted by the Giants as the 12th overall pick in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft out of LSU had 91 catches, 1,305 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns in 12 games. He finished the season with four consecutive games with at least 130 receiving yards and a touchdown, seven games with over 100 receiving yards total and nine straight games with 90 or more receiving yards (tying Michael Irvin's 1995 record). Beckham surpassed Billy Howton (1,231 with Green Bay in 1952) for the most receiving yards in NFL history for a player in his first 12 career games. Beckham's 1,305 yards were the third-highest total in Giants history, trailing only Victor Cruz's 1,536 yards in 2011 and Amani Toomer's 1,343 yards in 2002. Beckham was nominated for Pepsi Rookie of the Week seven times, winning the award four times.

Vote Beckham Rookie of the Year

Edited by kkr

Special bond being him asking for the defense to be simplified?!

Rolle was a shadow of his former self last season so its likely the Giants have told him to move on unless he wants to play for little more than the vet minimum.

Fewell was part of a super bowl run so its clear he isnt a scrub coach, however change was needed and i think that he had perhaps become a bit stale and i would seem that he needed elite players across the line and secondary for his scheme's to work.

Spags has to be the guy now.  Get Spags, re-sign JPP, sign Suh, sign Iupati and some Oline depth..... All-In!

Glad he is gone now, but also thankful for the Super Bowl and the good times we had with Fewell also. Not a bad guy, just time to move on, wish him all the best.

Seems Giunta is gone too which is surprising as i think he secondary is the one area that hasnt been really week the past few seasons and he was there for both Super Bowls also.  My main memory of him is seeing him running down the sideline and jumping at the same time that Webster and Wilson(i think) broke up one of the last hail mary's from Brady to Moss.  Good times! :thumb: :thumb:

Quinn still being evaluated too!

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

“These are two outstanding men and outstanding football coaches,” head coach Tom Coughlin said. “It is very hard in this business to find people that are not only good football coaches but outstanding human beings who are trustworthy, loyal and honest. Perry and Peter are all that.”

Despite his strong personal feelings for Fewell and Giunta, Coughlin said the changes were necessary in the wake of the Giants’ 6-10 season in 2014, their third in row without a postseason berth.

“No one person is responsible for what happened in this year,” Coughlin said. “That has to be loud and clear. If there is any one person responsible, it is me. It is not Perry Fewell. It is not Peter Giunta. Both of them are outstanding football coaches in their own way. The simple fact of the matter is in the circumstance that we find ourselves, change is necessary. That may not be the most eloquent way of saying it, but that is what I am confronted with. The hope always is invigoration. You are going to stimulate. It is with great deliberation over a lengthy period of time throughout a thorough investigation and evaluation of what went on that I came to the conclusion that change was necessary.

“There are no hard feelings on my part about anything that anybody has done. The hard feelings are the six wins. That is the reality. It is unfortunate, but it is true.”

Link

@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Giants requested permission for defensive coordinator interview with Washington DB coach Raheem Morris, per source.

Hopefully just to satisfy Rooney, id rather have kept Fewell tbh!

Does either of you know where I can watch 2011 America's Game? I've trawled through the web and the only place I can find with a download link is some Chinese site where you have to post loads before being able to download it, so bollox to that.

Â