Giants News

kkr

Coughlin has to be up there as one of the greatest Giants in the Super Bowl era. On the staff for 1 Super Bowl win, head coach for 2 more. I'm glad he never really got fired and it was more of a mutual thing, he deserved that at the very least.

Nothing in it. He was laughing and smiling with Mara before the conference apparently. I think he probably just wanted to leave the room as quick as possible due to the emotions.

Edited by abdomlahor

Hue Jackson signed for the Browns before even getting on a plane to come speak to the Giants!  Not looking good, we are probably killing time before the inevitable hiring of McAdoo...

It doesn't look great on Mara and Tisch. Seems like he might not have felt wanted enough here. That or he might have got more control over the roster in Cleveland. Can't see any other reasons why he'd choose a shitshow like the Browns over possibly the most stable coaching job in the league.

Edited by abdomlahor

Not against the move considering what was out there.  There is also no denying that the offense has improved a great deal the past two seasons.

I would say redzone struggles are down to the lack of a big receiver and also a woeful running game.

Improve RT, TE and a solid complimentary possession receiver on offense and we might be in a very strong position.  Offense already well inside top 10 or even top 5 in most passing categories.

Like Sullivan to OC, he has been good as QB coach and his year in Tampa as OC went well too.  McAddo to call plays for now, let's see.

Philbin as assistant HC and QBs is a decent appointment too.  Similar role in Green Bay with McCarthy when winning a SuperBowl.

I would have kept Coughlin based on what was available, but he vouched for McAdoo going out the door so ok let's get to it!

Biggest issue now is improving the defense for Spags as it was about as bad as I have seen last season.  See if Spags is still up to it also.

Really awful news. McAdoo did something amazing last year, that's somehow creating one of the leagues worst red zone offense with Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr. Didn't think it was possible

The only positive is that Eli doesn't have to learn a other offense. The only positive.

He did lose two of our top redzone targets in Donnell and Fells, and the running game wasn't great either with the injuries on the line and a rookie left tackle. I don't think the running back by commitee helped it either to be honest. It should've been better yes but he's already shown that he can be solid in the redzone. We were a top 10 team in that area the year before if I recall correctly.

I'm pretty happy with the appointment, especially considering who else we could've ended up with. 

Philbin to the Colts and not us!  Well that was short lived.  Looks like there will be a shakeup of position coaches as a number have moved on already including Larry Izzo sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

justin%20tuck%20pats%20giants.jpg

Tuck is calling it a career!  The best player on the field for 2 SuperBowl wins!  What he did to the interior of that NE Oline in XLII was special.  One of the great Giants!

Â