Giants News

kkr

I would honestly take him back. Boring, too old school and predictable? Sure. But at least he played to our strengths for the most part.

This post on the Mets forum I use made me laugh.

(After Jets don't even look at Marshall or Decker in the redzone and have to kick a FG)

McAdoo is so bad, he rubs off on the other team.

• 2 weeks later...

Gilbride was a genius to the extent that his offense was unstoppable when it had all the right pieces, i.e. a future HOF QB who is ice cold on the biggest stage, making big time play after big time play, a stable of receivers with a big play #1, a stable of backs and a top 10 Oline.  Shame we dont have a decent GM to get anywhere near that.

So after signing washed up Hakeem Nicks a few weeks back, we see Barry Coefield come in this week for Merriweather who is being cut.

Who next?  Plax!?  Antonio Pierce!?  Can Osi unretire?!

Coughlin has had bad moments this year but id give him a pass if he gets us to .500 or better.  That record with the talent on this roster is respectable considering the injuries and the sheer lack of anything defensively outside of the two corners.  The shit show oline is a farce too.

As it stands i fire Reese and look into how we improve our strength and conditioning as we are yet again one of the most injured teams.

Still think we can win the division and still think we can win this week.  Unlikely but if i was offered 2-1 in the next few games i would take that and think that it could be good enough to get it done.

Eli and Beckham were masterful on Monday, but they are handicapped by a POS defense that cant stop anything. Dline and Oline need overhauling in the offseason.  LBer and Safety too!  Might need a TE also.

I think any questions about the players' commitment and desire have been emphatically answered by now. They'll fight to the end for Coughlin. We'd be a very decent team if we had a decent defence, but we just lack the talent on that side of the ball. Plain and simple. Get money spent on a good safety, an actual decent linebacker (shocking, I know) and a pass rusher and we might go places next season.

• 2 weeks later...

If we are to replace Coughlin, the question is with who?  Of all the games we lost this year, we have been in all but two of them and lost by late scores or last second field goals.

Offense is a lot better and 6th highest scoring in the league despite having nothing outside of Eli and Beckham.

Vereen has been under-utilised though, for that I blame McAdoo.

Defense has been a shit show, but look at the depth and injuries.  No LBers, no safeties, no DTs after Hankins injury, no DEs outside of Ayers who has one good game in 3 and a limited JPP.  No playmakers at all on the defensive side of the ball.

Fire Reese.

“I met with John Mara and Steve Tisch this afternoon, and I informed them that it is in the best interest of the organization that I step down as head coach. I strongly believe the time is right for me and my family, and as I said, the Giants organization.

“It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as head coach of the New York Football Giants. This is a not a sad occasion for me. I have spent 15 years with this organization as an assistant and head coach and was fortunate to be part of three Super Bowl winning teams. A Lombardi Trophy every five years is an achievement in which we all take great pride.

“Obviously, the past three years have not been what any of us expect, and as head coach, I accept the responsibility for those seasons.

“I think it has been evident these last 12 years here how much pride I take in representing this franchise. I am gratified and proud that we were able to deliver two more Lombardi trophies to the display case in our lobby during that time. That is a tribute to our players and staff, and it was truly fulfilling to be the leader of those teams.

“I appreciate the support of John and his family and Steve and his family, and of Jerry Reese and his staff. I think our organization is a great representation of what I mean when I talk about ‘team’.

“Finally, I would be remiss if I did not thank my wife Judy and our four children and their spouses and our 11 (soon to be 12) grandchildren. None of this would have been possible without their unconditional love and support.”

:mellow:

Had enough of a POS roster it would seem.  If Reese isnt fired, this is a disgrace as he will spunk $50m on trash this offseason.  With Coughlin gone, they need to blow it all up and i think TC is making that point by stepping down.  No coach will win with this front office and strength and conditioning team.

Mara and Tisch didnt have the balls to sack him so Tom did them a solid and said he was walking away.  Hope he goes to the Texans or somewhere that has talent and needs a veteran coach to push them on and make a run in the playoffs.

Reese supposedly safe!  Definitely TC decided to step down then with this incompetent asshole going no where.

Worst case scenario is almost complete, all they need now is to promote McAdoo as speculated and then watch TC go and coach the Cowboys or the Eagles to success.

Disaster.  **** sad, shitty day! Mara and Tisch should have begged him to stay, who is better out there now?

Disappointing, but change was needed. I'm fine with Reese staying. He did assemble an okay roster (not great, not terrible). It isn't his fault that we get decimated by injuries every year. He's been drating well recently too so I don't see the sense in getting rid yet. Look around the league. There aren't many better than him in my opinion. I just hope he comes to his senses and starts drafting linebackers higher than the fourth round.

There needs to be a serious overhaul in the strength and conditioning department though, I agree 100%. It just cannot be coincidence that every season we top the league in players on IR.

Â