Giants News

kkr

I'll stop short of calling him an idiot as I don't know the facts regarding how the injury occurred. It's absolutely ridiculously bad lack on out part AGAIN on the injury front though.

Poor guy. I guess its one of those things where you don't really realise how big an effect it will have on his day to day life until it happens.

Edited by abdomlahor

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Think it could be a Giants thing. The most injured team in the league the last few seasons so concerned its strength and conditioning or training methods.

Oline is beaten up and missing people. Cruz cant get on the field, Safeties and Corners dropping like flies and we havent even played the war of NY pre season injury fest against the Jets yet! Over or under of 3 players to IR after Saturday?!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes please!

Shaun Morash
& #8207;@MrazCBS
Sources telling me the Giants and Seahawks have discussed a potential Kam Chancellor trade. Tho the sides do remain far apart on a deal.

Contract extension for Eli looks to be done!

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9s10 seconds ago
Final numbers on Eli Manning-Giants deal: 4-year, $84 million extension that includes $65 million in guaranteed money. 5-yr total: $101.5M.

So 5 more years and there is also a no trade clause!  Happy days as far as i am concerned.  Greatest QB in Giants history, hope he gets another ring or two if Reese can put some talent across the rest of the team.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 50s51 seconds ago
Large RT @RVacchianoNYDN: The deal also includes a $31 million signing bonus and a reduced 2015 salary that presumably will clear cap space.

So with the cuts we made to McClain, Weatherford, Ellis etc and JPP not likely being fit to play for some time saving us just under $1m for each week he isnt here, we should be taking a large amount of cap space into next year.

Eli told Jennings not to score on first and second down as he thought the Cowboys had 1 timeout and not 2!  On 3rd, should have taken sack or the refs should have called the hold on the TE he was looking for in the endzone.  Not his finest hour last night, but im glad this has happened now in week 1 as opposed to say the SuperBowl!  Dont know how Seattle fans have been able to live with that call all offseason!

There was probably a 98% win percentage at that point, up 3, down inside the dallas 5 with 1st and goal and time running down.  We somehow managed to do the impossible and gift the game back to Dallas after they had given it to us on a plate... :|  So frustrating.

Parker should be cut today.  He makes any one of his three 3rd down drops and we win the game easily.  Cruz needs to come back and come back strong or we are screwed.  Can see there is nothing in the passing game with teams keyed in on and head hunting Beckham. Randle is dense and has arthritic knees.  Genius decision to cut James Jones just gets better.  Donnell is a terrible blocker and below average receiver, its probably better to start Fells i think which is shocking.

The last few drives for Dallas were so easy as our D was so gassed from the TOP raping Dallas had put on us.

Positives!  Team played with heart on D despite the obvious lack of talent and pass rush against a great Oline.  Unga was exploited on the last few drives but he did well for the rest of the game, i like his athleticism.  We came to play and came to hit.  We were the more physical team.  Oline looked ok which is a step in the right direction from where it has been.

Hopefully such a bitter loss gives us more of a killer instinct.

Philli losing and the Giants beating up Dallas a bit with Dez and Gregory now out 4-6+ weeks, this softens the blow somewhat too.  Dallas loss to Philli next week and a Giants win would be great.

Atlanta looked a good team yesterday, but they were always a better team at home.  Hopefully they continue to struggle on the road and the Giants use the bitter taste to galvanise their play further.  

I think we did well on D considering the young players at MLB and safety.  Last two drives im putting on us being pounded in time of possession and inexperience.  Was a contrast to how they played the previous 3 quarters.  Sadly thats one of the main challenges when facing Dallas, they can control the clock and wear you down.  Same with Philli.  Going to need great conditioning this year.

Offense needs to turn up now this week, hopefully the cluster **** that was last week gets sorted asap.  Need something other than OBJ.  Time to get Vereen involved in the passing game more and if Randle's knees are screwed he should be dropped for Davis.  Rather someone inexperienced who can run than Randle jogging routes.

52 yards and Eli Manning becomes the 15th QB in the history of the league to reach 40,000 yards.

The league has admitted the officials screwed up for the PI call on DRC and also the no holding call on Dallas for the pass on 3rd and goal....... So the officials oversaw a 14 point swing in the favour of Dallas... :|

JPP's Hand

Not sure what to make of that.  On the one hand i thought it would be worse....... guess i was looking at the wrong hand!?  :P Anybody!?  No!  Ok.

Two 4th quarter melt downs from being 2-0 and in the driving seat for a division that has Brandon Weedon, Kirk Cousins and Sam Bradford QBing our rivals.

We have to win Thursday.  Win and we have a chance.  Dez and Romo injured for half the season or longer, Eagles are a mess, Redskins unproven.

Last chance to change momentum and go on a run.

Â