Giants News

kkr

He isn't.  Cowboys D is under rated and we have pieces missing and banged up on offense.

Beckham has practiced fully this week so hopefully he is over the hammy which I think has limited him.

JPP showed up in good enough shape for us to sign him Monday!  This is great news.  We are 4-3 without JPP, Beatty, Cruz and with Beckham limited somewhat.

Get all these pieces back in the coming weeks at full speed and we might be a decent team!  Need to steal this one in Nawleens this weekend though.

We missed Beason last night big time, which is a shame because he is the most brittle linebacker I have ever known and can't be relied upon.  Soft.

Need JPP to come back at somewhere near his best as this Dline is a joke.

We have no LBers.

We are missing Prince.

We need JPP, Prince and Beason to suit up and play well just to be an average D.

On the upside, we have an offense and that is without Cruz too.  Although can he play TE?!  I think we might be down to our last TE if Donnell's injury is serious.  I like the look of Tye but he is no blocker, but then neither was Donnell!

LBer, Dline, TE and secondary are why we are a .500 team.  Jerry Reese needs to be held accountable for that.

Running game, surely we have to be going with Darkwa and Vereen more now? Those guys average 4.9 a carry between them, Jennings and Brown at 3.4 a carry which is awful.

A few rumours going around that we're in the running for Eric Weddle. I'd definitely feel more comfortable if we had DRC, Prince, Weddle and Collins starting at DB. Defense overall is just terrible and injuries have hurt a lot. Unfortunately, you can't trade for good luck or health, which is going to be probably the biggest factor for the defense going forward.

Will be cut in the offseason as it will save $5m+

Cheerleader/Veteran presence on sideline now so worth keeping around.

If Hankins is injured for the year as speculated that leaves Kuhn, Bromley and Jenkins at DT..... Expect a heavy dose of RBs up the middle going forward, starting with Blount next week.

Hopefully Prince will be back this week and Beatty.

JPP looked decent in his first game back wearing an oven mit too!  Need him and Ayers to stay healthy.  Depth is lacking now.

I think the Dallas loss is a good thing.  Them being far back before Romo comes back is good.  Think we need 9 wins to take division and one of those would need to be Eagles in the last game.

A bit of perspective on how insane our injuries have been.

Eli Manning has started 176 straight games. Both the longest current streak for the Giants and the entire NFL. The 2nd longest streak for the Giants was Jonathan Hankins at 25. After being put on the IR, the 2nd longest streak falls to Odell Beckham Jr at 21. And he is only midway through his second season and has already missed 4 games through injury.

A blowout was expected, so can't be too disappointed with that. If anything, in a game where we expected nothing, we probably get a lot of belief and fire from that. When it takes a screwjob for the best team in the league to beat you, you gotta be doing something right. Onwards and upwards.

Reckon 9 wins will take the East for us as long as we beat both Washinton and the Eagles in the last game.

Need Prince back healthy and if Cruz can do anything we have a lot of weapons on offense.

Would have been nice to win today and we certainly should have, but we just kept them hanging around and let them steal it.  

Hope Richburg is ok as he has been superb all year.

Yes, the Richburg injury definitely hurt when combined with Pugh being out too.

I don't know what their schedules look like, but the Jets, Panthers and Eagles are going to be very tough for us. Miami seem to have picked up after their coaching change too.

So we have kept roster spots for Beatty and Cruz all season who in the space of a few days have been ruled for the year and will have season ending surgery.  The hits keep coming!

Believe Cruz is due $9m next year and i think its safe to say now that his career is in jeopardy.  I really hope not, Steve Smith was bad enough, then Nicks, now Randle has knackred knees too and we just seem to be cursed by injuries.  David Wilson, Kenny Phillips, that safety who had a car crash shortly after we drafted him and he never played for us...... insane!

Good job Harris has progressed to the level he is playing at currently or we would be screwed.

Add WR to the list of positions that need strengthening in the offseason.

WOW i believe were my exact words!  He has bummed around the league for a bit and looked done, but apparently he was quick in a workout with us.... believe it when i see it.

Thing is with Randle playing hurt if he does have anything left and can be an upgrade over a clearly hobbled Randle then the passing game raises another level.  He has two weeks to bust his ass to get fit and learn some of the playbook and then go out there and be a redzone target for the most part i would think.

I like the two young TE's we have, they are so close to making a lot of plays for us, that when it comes together i think we could be very dangerous, especially in the redzone.  Beckham, Randle, Nicks, Donnell, Tye, Cunningham, Harris and Vereen....who do you cover!  Now if only the oline can and defense could stay healthy we might be able to win some games.

Washington is a must win, but i think the first 3 games off the bye are key.  Washington, Jets and Miami.  Most winable games left i think so if we can go 3-0 there i think there is a chance we can finish 4-2 or 5-1 to take the division.

5 losses, 4 of which are by 9 points.  The team just needs to start finishing games.  Get on a run now and we will be dangerous again.  It all starts with Washington though.  Thats the season!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

McAdoo surely gone at the end of the year.

Doesn't get our best player, one of the best athletes in the entire league, involved enough. Late in games, he consistently goes in to his "prevent offense" meaning we take no team off the clock and our defense stays gassed while the opposition offense can stay in rhythm. Too many stupid play calls in big situations. Puts in 2rd and long far too often.

Total clown. Makes Gilbride look like a genius.

• Like 1

Â