Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For me thats the problem giving him 10 games next season. Its best to remove him now and get in a real manager from the summer 

He will not be removed before the start of next season. You’re just going to have to accept that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

He will not be removed before the start of next season. You’re just going to have to accept that.

I know he wont thats the problem 😞😞

I thought Purslow was a proactive leader but not when it comes to his mates 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wict01 said:

Exactly this. There’s no basis, proven pedigree or track record of him doing what we need this summer in a competitive league. If our players are as bad as he says they are (which I don’t necessarily believe) then it’s going to be a huge job, and I think it’s fair to question his credentials for it.

Indeed, in the blink of an eye we could well be in Big Sam territory, God forbid

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well it was HIS squad,.so.

And ... The other hasn't even been here a season. Lol

Its not really an excuse since Gerrard said no excuses which ironically he makes weekly

Smith for example got us promoted with not his squad he just added Mings and Hause. 

Gerrard gets away with murder from some fans

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Smith for example got us promoted with not his squad he just added Mings and Hause. 

But the team he inherited and added to was a very good Championship team that was underperforming yet still only a handful of points off the playoffs when he took over. 

1 minute ago, jim said:

But the team he inherited and added to was a very good Championship team that was underperforming yet still only a handful of points off the playoffs when he took over. 

And the team Gerrard inherited was quite good, he has just made a balls of it 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That is the problem!

I accept it as much as I accept I am going to die.....

I'm not happy about it though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And the team Gerrard inherited was quite good, he has just made a balls of it 

No they are a mid table side which is about where we are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No, he gets away with the REALITY of having been here just over half a season.

Sherwood was technically here for half a season and people wanted him gone after he got us to a cup final with a shitter squad 

Why is Gerrard different, he has done nothing in management to indicate it except beat Neil Lennon (who managed in a Championship relegation battle) in a title race 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Sherwood was technically here for half a season and people wanted him gone after he got us to a cup final with a shitter squad 

Why is Gerrard different, he has done nothing in management to indicate it except beat Neil Lennon in a title race 

You were probably one of those people. Ironically, I wasn't , I actually liked Sherwood alot. Lol

He got the same treatment SG is getting now

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You were probably one of those people. Ironically, I wasn't , I actually liked Sherwood alot. Lol

He got the same treatment SG is getting now

I liked Tim. Shit manager but had us playing attacking football 

Gerrard on the other hand has us playing miserable football 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I liked Tim. Shit manager but had us playing attacking football 

Gerrard on the other hand has us playing miserable football 

You think the football we played in the first half yesterday was " miserable " ?

Even the commentators were saying " Villa have been outstanding since conceding, you would think this is a glimpse into Gerrard ball, and the way he wants to play " etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

From my calculations:

Deano in 2021 (the year he is widely criticised for) had a PPG of 1.17

Gerrard has a PPG of 1.23

Across a season that's a 2 point difference, and Deano definitely had a worse squad to work with.  

I don't think this calculation is correct. I'm getting 1.11 for Smith and 1.30 for Gerrard.

Edit: Looks even worse if you're looking at the last 20 games Smith managed, which is the same amount Gerrard has managed for us so far. He'd be 1.05PPG

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You think the football we played in the first half yesterday was " miserable " ?

Yesterday first half no but in general it is. Its a lot worse than last season for example 

We are a midtable team in no danger of relegation and playing like Rafa or Bruce nearly everyweek

Â