Do you buy The Evening Mail

TrentVilla

If you live in Birmingham do you buy the Evening Mail  

51 members have voted

1. 1. If you live in Birmingham do you buy the Evening Mail

• Yes but thinking of stopping
    • No
    • Yes

There has been a lot of talk on here for the last 12 months about the Evening Mail and inparticular Mr Bill Howell. Now I don't want this to turn into another lets all abuse them I'm interested to know if people buy it or not because reading this site I often wonder if people slag the Mail off all day and then buy it on their way home.

For those who live outside Birmingham, please don't vote as it will make this pointless.

I stopped buying newspapers over 10 years ago, and the only one I used to get regularly was The Argus.

The mail I used to have after Villa had played, and probably on a Friday too.

But no, I find newspapers obsolete in this day and age, and a waste of money

I only ever buy it if there is a big match on (i.e. the derby) or a Villa special - i.e. those old issues tucked up inside last year from 1982, 1981, 1957 etc. I also buy it for the season previews. I'd like to stop though, most of the jounalism is really poor and its a bit too right-wing on issues for my liking. Oh, and the columnists are crap and reactionary.

I've never really bought the Mercury, apart from the rubbish sports coverage and poor lazy journalism its like reading a recruitment pamphlet for the BNP.

I like it, decent mixture of stories of local crackpots, things of genuine interest that are going on in Brum and on occasions the actual news! Don’t buy it every day by any means but probably once a fortnight and if there’s a special villa story. I take most of it with a pinch of salt. The jobs bit is good if your looking too

I’ll also stand up for Baggie Bill who I have met a few times and found to be a decent bloke up for a laugh and generally fair in his assessment of what is going on at the club. Some of his reports are off the mark but he has provided some really memorable ones too. Also for his slagging off for being an Albion fan i quite like it he is proud of it - if we want to blame anyone blame the mail not him for taking the job. I'd prefer that than someone who pretends to be a huge Villa fan anyway and isn't

I live in Nuneaton, and they sell it at my local newsagents. They sell it in most places in Nuneaton town centre too.

I also work in Birmingham City centre(specifically Snow Hill station), so i see plenty of places it gets sold when im at work.

Ill buy it if there is a big Villa story. I quite like the Argus inserts they do with season so far reviews and the like. So i guess the answer for me is "yes, sometimes" which im surprised is not an option in your poll.

Â