Tammy Abraham

nick76

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

To be serious thought makes alot of sense as to why Tammy could or would be second forward at the club, it's all whether the club, Smith and Lange go and decide to fetch him here.

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Who is this mythical back up striker who only costs £15m who is actually going to come in and do the business when called upon? 

"ThErE's LoAdS oF sTrIkErS OuT ThErE WhO aRe mUcH ChEaPeR aNd JuSt As GoOd"

.... yet we're still waiting to see who these strikers are that are available for peanuts but just as good, if not better, than Tammy!

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We better cut this crap out or the mods (among others) are going to murder us! 🤣

I did try talking to but no-one replied and carried it all on lol.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

"ThErE's LoAdS oF sTrIkErS OuT ThErE WhO aRe mUcH ChEaPeR aNd JuSt As GoOd"

.... yet we're still waiting to see who these strikers are that are available for peanuts but just as good, if not better, than Tammy!

I agree with you.

People are saying don't bring Tammy in for 40 million but they sure as hell ain't saying who or mentioning anyone who could be great value for much less than Tammy.

We can't even suggest Ivan Toney anymore because he'd more than likely be around 35 million now to buy.

Forwards are now becoming more expensive and for what Tammy brings and the price he could be (because let's face it 40 mill may not be the price) then we should snap an excellent second striker up.

I just see no reason or anything bad as to why people would want to have him at Villa, most of the reasons are no even reasons it's just a select couple calling him shit.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The last 15 pages or so of the thread will need wiped out that's for sure.

After the relentless fish puns in the Rashica thread a bit of Star Wars hurts nobody…

What championship strikers would even be sold now for less than 30 mill, it seems to be the going rate doesn't it and Brentford set that price up for when we paid for Watkins from them. The championship now want paying and so they should get paid for talent they have nutured and trained. I do not blame the championship clubs holding out on prices one bit as the premier is the money and has it to spend.

Now for an extra 10 mill Chelsea are basically saying we can have a proven premier striker who's not far off an England call up. Tammy just needs the right mentoring and training to bring him on more and develop his game into a more fruitful one. You can see how much better Watkins is now since joining is, he made the step up and I'm sure Tammy can make the step across.

The thought of having to potential England forward in the next England tournament or maybe after is exciting indeed, it's all possible for both Watkins and Tammy under Smith.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

After the relentless fish puns in the Rashica thread a bit of Star Wars hurts nobody…

Yes indeed, Rashica was most likely 40 pages of decent talk about Rashica, the other 260 were full of fish jokes. It's not even touching the Milot thread yet.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What championship strikers would even be sold now for less than 30 mill, it seems to be the going rate doesn't it and Brentford set that price up for when we paid for Watkins from them. The championship now want paying and so they should get paid for talent they have nutured and trained. I do not blame the championship clubs holding out on prices one bit as the premier is the money and has it to spend.

Now for an extra 10 mill Chelsea are basically saying we can have a proven premier striker who's not far off an England call up. Tammy just needs the right mentoring and training to bring him on more and develop his game into a more fruitful one. You can see how much better Watkins is now since joining is, he made the step up and I'm sure Tammy can make the step across.

The thought of having to potential England forward in the next England tournament or maybe after is exciting indeed, it's all possible for both Watkins and Tammy under Smith.

Nobody would be surprised that I totally agree with this.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes indeed, Rashica was most likely 40 pages of decent talk about Rashica, the other 260 were full of fish jokes. It's not even touching the Milot thread yet.

and now in the summer thread they are discussing Traore when we already have brought somebody to almost replace him/compete with him re Buendia.  That conversation is no better than ours.  Until something actually happens this type of conversation is all we got…

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That thread is legendary status my friend.

So much so that it had a second version…maybe one day Tammy will have a second version or because he’s been here this is the second version

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Haha 2

Late to this....

1) Tammy would be a great addition to the squad; I'm not sure he'd be a starter in my first 11 if Ollie was fit. But he knows us, and we know him, so the 'risk' element with any transfer is reduced. 

2) For £40m, assuming Jack is staying, I would be slightly concerned as I think we have greater need in the squad (DCM for me) where this money might have more impact.

3) His wages might unsettle a few people, and lead to a significant hike in our overall wages costs due to the knock on effect (see Declan Rice apparently rejected deals at West Ham due to the mad wages others are on). 

4) I do not understand the clubs current plans or finances so (2) and (3) are neurotic fears; I trust the club to get these right

5) Star Wars is a lot better than Star Trek, and if you think differently, you're just plain wrong. 

Â