Wimbledon 2021

Phil Silvers

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

I've stolen that image, hope I won't be needing it later today.

You may need it sooner than you think if rumours are true we’re going to a back 3 with Trippier coming in in place of Saka 🤭

Just now, theboyangel said:

You may need it sooner than you think if rumours are true we’re going to a back 3 with Trippier coming in in place of Saka 🤭

Yes just seen on another thread, I suppose it's not too bad vs these. It's too late to change a negative approach now.

Djokovic has woke up now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

So it’s been 19yrs since anyone other than Djokovic, Federer, Nadal or Murray won Wimbledon… 😮

what an era of men’s tennis! 

and Djokovic has won 5 out of the last 7. When he lost the final to Murray in 2013 i would never have expected that.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

An increasingly boring era as Djokovic is refusing to yield to father time.

Fair play to him though, he’s in incredible condition for his age!

I imagine with the other ‘greats’ all deteriorating, Novak will push for more titles whilst he’s relatively unopposed! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I imagine with the other ‘greats’ all deteriorating, Novak will push for more titles whilst he’s relatively unopposed! 

Isn't 20 enough for one man?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I know.

#hairgoals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Sadly true I'm afraid and unless another is born talent comes along he will go on to be the greatest of all time. Was hoping Roger would have that accolade but it wasn't to be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sadly true I'm afraid and unless another is born talent comes along he will go on to be the greatest of all time. Was hoping Roger would have that accolade but it wasn't to be.

Roger will be revered as the greatest due to his style of play and off the court appeal. Novak may eventually hold the most trophies but Roger will retain the adoration and plaudits. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Roger will be revered as the greatest due to his style of play and off the court appeal. Novak may eventually hold the most trophies but Roger will retain the adoration and plaudits. 

Thats true, not only the tennis greatest, but one of the greatest sportsmen of all time. Come on Roger, get them knees back in shape and win couple more.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2021 at 14:48, theboyangel said:

You can't define who the greatest is by style of play though. Djokovic has taken the game to a whole new level.  Federer has pulled out of the Olympics now,  sadly I think he will retire soon. 

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

You can't define who the greatest is by style of play though. Djokovic has taken the game to a whole new level.  Federer has pulled out of the Olympics now,  sadly I think he will retire soon. 

I agree Federer is sadly coming to the end of his illustrious career. 

Sports fans often look at more than achievements when defining the GOATs and players that exude a certain style and a more palatable personality get a bit more credit  than their contemporaries. 

Â