Wimbledon 2021

Phil Silvers

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sadly very true, really hoping for a Djokovic defeat Sunday, not keen on him for some reason, awesome talent but nah, love the other 2.

Edit, if he wins today of course, hopefully not.

Hes had his serve broken already. This will be his sternest test

34 minutes ago, PaulC said:

These next gen players haven't the mental strength. they are bigger stronger, hit the ball harder but Djokovic always beats them. 

Totally. Shapavalov has all the shots in the book but you can't be that pumped up and emotional on every shot. Tsitsipas and Zverev the same. We'll probably be talking about these guys when they are 28, 29 having not won a slam. They aren't calm and present.

32 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Totally. Shapavalov has all the shots in the book but you can't be that pumped up and emotional on every shot. Tsitsipas and Zverev the same. We'll probably be talking about these guys when they are 28, 29 having not won a slam. They aren't calm and present.

Agree but I think  they are going to be winning them in the next year or two when the three legends aren't around. 

Only just seen this thread. 

I've had more fun watching Wimbledon than the euros, I was really backing Kerber to do it in the women's but Barty is pretty damn good for a stumpy midget, Kerber put up a good fight against her but was easy beat in the end. 

I felt sorry for Raducanu, yeah nerves got the better of her but she wasn't helped out at all by them putting her match back by 6 hours just so she could be the main watch, for a young 18 year old that must have been **** gut wrenching. 

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Ash Barty has started off like a train going 4-0 up…

However, Pliskova has just broken back but mainly due to Barty mistakes.

Still expect the Australian to win this 2-0

Barty is top quality but Pliskova started poorly, she's growing into it now so hopefully it makes for a closer match. Barty to win too for me.

1-0 now

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Finals like this put me off Womens tennis. Pliskova was a different player in the semi-final. 

The second set is more of a contest and I’m enjoying the variety of shots being played.

I find the men’s game is pure serve and baseline shots (unless Federer is playing as he mixes it up a bit) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It's warming up a bit now pal, game on 

Yes she has started serving well and although I thought Barty bottled the game serving for the match. Its a good match now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

You’ve lost me there @BOF 🤔😅

game finely poised now and into the third set. 

I was making a funny that Barty seems more jockey than tennis player in physique/stature and that somewhere there's a role reversal 😛

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The second set is more of a contest and I’m enjoying the variety of shots being played.

I find the men’s game is pure serve and baseline shots (unless Federer is playing as he mixes it up a bit) 

I do but i was fearing it was going to be another womens final over in about 30 minutes. 

• Like 1

As for the mini competition between the w*nkers in the crowd to see who can shout support closest to the next serve. I'd have snipers set up in each corner to take out the 'winner'.

• Like 2

Â