Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not sure what last manager has to do with it since Konsa had played a great season the previous year and Chambers wasnt here. Last year Konsa was really poor then got suspended and walked back into the team when Chambers was playing well

Not to mention preseason where Chambers was excellent and Konsa was coming back from an injury and wasn't really pulling up trees. Started the first game anyway.

Maybe the manager just thinks these players are better. Or in Konsa's case, a better partner for Carlos. I think it'd be hard for him to ignore Buendia though. His output has been very good lately.

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He's had a niggling injury for 6 months? Crazy.

So he hasn't played for 6 months?

Now I understand why people are so upset, absolute madness for our record signing not to have featured for half a year!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He's had a niggling injury for 6 months? Crazy.

We're looking at a very small sample size.

When Coutinho first came in, he was initially brilliant, and deserved to keep his place. His form dipped, but Buendia still had a good deal of match time. In reality, the season fizzled out and we did enough to stop the previous rot.

After being heavily involved in pre-season, he picked up a slight knock and played didn't travel to France. 

Gerard said both him and Mings aren't quite ready to start the 1st game, and Emi still had a slight niggle for Everton. In this press conference, Gerard has stated he's a big fan of Buendia, and he's pushing for a start. 

He deserves a start for sure, and I think he will tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Now I understand why people are so upset, absolute madness for our record signing not to have featured for half a year!

He's been head and shoulders above our other attackers when on the pitch and yet finds himself on the bench the following game. It's a legit observation, we're allowed to criticise Gerrard's management of him, even more so when he's asked a simple question and pops back with a petty, sarcastic answer which does nothing to explain why he's choosing to leave our best player out of the starting 11.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My response was regarding Gerrard's omission of Buendia being down to a knock. This is simply not the case when we look at Gerrard's reign so far. Your response, much like Gerrard's, adds nothing to the conversation.

20 minutes ago, AV82 said:

My response was regarding Gerrard's omission of Buendia being down to a knock. This is simply not the case when we look at Gerrard's reign so far. Your response, much like Gerrard's, adds nothing to the conversation.

It seems FACTUAL information about his injury published by the club adds nothing to the conversation either.

It seems the only thing which adds anything to the conversation, is any conspiracy theory which adds to the many mini agendas during the rounds. Or echoing statements.

This has sod all to do with criticising Gerrard, no one is above criticism. There is alot of valid criticisms and debates around Gerrard and selections.

It's about omitting facts and latching onto theories which match a narrative.

It's hilarious how some of you state your assumptions from the outside looking in as " facts " as well.

" This is simply not the case ". How  do you know it's not the case? We are TWO games into the bloody season and the CASE is very much that he had a niggling injury, as did Mings.

He started the last two games of last season ffs.

I've said multiple times I want EMI to play as well, but I also realise that I'm a random bloke on a forum pretending to know more about the inner workings of the club, than the actual club.

Aside from that, like it or not, the Manager has the right to select players as he sees fit, and as him, medical staff and his coaching staff sign off on.

I think if you go to every single Football forum there will be debates about team selection and fans wanting different players to start etc.

As I noted previously, I have a feeling the club have actually started publishing fitness updates just to offset some of the fantasies.

Does return to training always mean a player is ready to play 90 minutes straight away?

It might not be the ONLY factor, but it's a factual factor which some people just refuse to accept.

FB_IMG_1660952561134-min.jpg

FB_IMG_1660952512386-min.jpg

Lineups of the last 2 games of last season ( Bare in mind again, we are only TWO games into this one ). The kid who's been blackballed is there 🤣🤦🏿‍♂️

At least make it make sense.

So in our last 4 games, he's started two, and featured as a sub in two ( retuning from " injury " )

V MAN CITY

And

V BURNLEY

Pogba Junior even started...

sketch-1660953696815-min.jpg

sketch-1660953452349-min.jpg

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lineups of the last 2 games of last season ( Bare in mind again, we are only TWO games into this one ). The kid who's been blackballed is there 🤣🤦🏿‍♂️

At least make it make sense.

So in our last 4 games, he's started two, and featured as a sub in two ( retuning from " injury " )

sketch-1660953452562-min.jpg

sketch-1660953452349-min.jpg

If you go back another 12 games (aka the 6 months from the OP), he only started a further 2 games in addition to these. 12/16 games on the bench. Either he has a recurring niggle, or there's something else at play here.

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If you go back another 12 games (aka the 6 months from the OP), he only started a further 2 games in addition to these. 12/16 games on the bench. Either he has a recurring niggle, or there's something else at play here.

February 2022

" Elsewhere and Emi Buendia is a big doubt for Sunday’s contest after he picked up an impact in the 3-3 draw with Leeds United.

January’s player of the month collided with the goalpost in the second-half and it’s one that will go down to the wire in terms of whether he will be available for selection or not versus the Magpies. "

An article towards end of last season - May:

" Despite not hitting the heights many hoped he would for the season, the Argentinians quality began to shine through under the guidance of Steven Gerrard. As he finished the season on four goals and six assists across the campaign, with four of the involvements arriving in the final six games of the season. "

A word from Dean Smith in April before facing Norwich.... he was also injured during his tenure if people remember? He was also injured the week or so before the match being discussed and made it back to face them. ( Off the bench if I remember correctly )

The man who signed Emi Buendia for Aston Villa admits the club are having to be patient with the Argentina star.
“We’ve had to be patient with some of the players we have signed here and Aston Villa are having to be patient with Emi. He’s certainly had a stop-start introduction at Villa. He got injured in pre-season and then we had the Covid issue and travelling to Argentina and getting banned and not being able to play, stopping in Croatia for a week or two, so it was very, very disruptive."

Is it inconceivable that he DOES in fact pick up little injuries and knocks, and has to be MANAGED?

Coming back from injuries and knocks also ruins momentum and you are not necessarily ready to be playing a full 90 straight away, if AT ALL. You probably won't be at your best either, especially not for a full 90, but might be able to make a big impact for 30, for example.

Now this is likely not the only reason, but it's certainly a factor, and there is absolutely nothing outlandish about it! 🤦🏿‍♂️

On 07/08/2022 at 07:49, Jas10 said:

Well that confirms its a trash account. I guess they couldn't bring themselves to say the  truth. 

The reality of course is 19 games 5 goals and 3 assists. Which is fine return from an excellent player.
image.png.d99968bc2ee9b29702b7f10d89b30c3e.png

https://www.transfermarkt.com/philippe-coutinho/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/80444/plus/0?saison=2021&verein=405&liga=&wettbewerb=GB1&pos=&trainer_id=

I like Buendia as well, but inventing statistics to make Countinho look bad is pathetic.

Oh and if anyone is curious Buendia numbers from last season are: 

image.png.69d07d19a9e8f418406e69de5fe41fc8.png

So thats 5 goals & 3 assists in 19 games vs 4 goals and 6 assists in 35 games.

Gerrard is picking Phil over Emi based on actual output and injury issues rather than the puerile "nah its because he is mates with Coutinho"  bollocks.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

February 2022

" Elsewhere and Emi Buendia is a big doubt for Sunday’s contest after he picked up an impact in the 3-3 draw with Leeds United.

January’s player of the month collided with the goalpost in the second-half and it’s one that will go down to the wire in terms of whether he will be available for selection or not versus the Magpies. "

An article towards end of last season - May:

" Despite not hitting the heights many hoped he would for the season, the Argentinians quality began to shine through under the guidance of Steven Gerrard. As he finished the season on four goals and six assists across the campaign, with four of the involvements arriving in the final six games of the season. "

A word from Dean Smith in April before facing Norwich.... he was also injured during his tenure if people remember? He was also injured the week or so before the match being discussed and made it back to face them.

The man who signed Emi Buendia for Aston Villa admits the club are having to be patient with the Argentina star.
“We’ve had to be patient with some of the players we have signed here and Aston Villa are having to be patient with Emi. He’s certainly had a stop-start introduction at Villa. He got injured in pre-season and then we had the Covid issue and travelling to Argentina and getting banned and not being able to play, stopping in Croatia for a week or two, so it was very, very disruptive."

Is it inconceivable that he DOES in fact pick up little injuries and knocks, and has to be MANAGED?

Coming back from injuries and knocks also ruins momentum and you are not necessarily ready to be playing a full 90 straight away, if AT ALL.

Now this is likely not the only reason, but it's certainly a factor, and there is absolutely nothing outlandish about it! 🤦🏿‍♂️

It's happened a few times, and it's definitely the case this season, but there's no way he had an injury 75% of that time.

For your quotes, yes he collided with the post against Leeds, but he still started the next 2 games, so evidently it wasn't an issue. I think the clear shift in his playing time happened right after that against Brighton 16 games ago. To my knowledge he hasn't had any injuries until this preseason.

Also not sure what the post from May is supposed to prove? Has nothing to do with any injury. Yes he got injured in preseason under Smith but then he still started the first 3 games? I honestly don't know why you're reaching so hard mate. It's okay if the manager doesn't fancy him you know. Occam's razor and all.

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Oh and if anyone is curious Buendia numbers from last season are: 

image.png.69d07d19a9e8f418406e69de5fe41fc8.png

So thats 5 goals & 3 assists in 19 games vs 4 goals and 6 assists in 35 games.

Gerrard is picking Phil over Emi based on actual output and injury issues rather than the puerile "nah it because he is mates with Coutinho"  bollocks.

Last 15 games:

Buendia: 534 minutes / 3 goals, 3 assists

Coutinho: 1039 minutes / 3 goals, 1 assist

Wouldn't say output is the deciding factor here, would you?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's okay if the manager doesn't fancy him you know. 

Yes, it's 100 percent ok, and I also added that caveat.

The issue with that is, everything coming from the club, journalists close to he club, and Manager himself verbally indicates that is not the case.

It's armchair fans who have come to the conclusion that this IS the case and that's the end of the story. Lol

There was a point where. " I don't think SG fancies Bailey " and then he was starting games ahead of EMI, and Vice versa.

What if a combination of thinking certain setup and personall might be better against certain opposition, or suit a certain system better at times, in combination with niggles which put another player in the squad ahead of him. ( Doesn't necessarily mean he's right either )

Just the other week he hated Ming's and would only play him again when he looked him in the eyes. Who was also injured.

What if there is also an element of Man Management ( As we also have other players in the team ) where we are also trying to balance giving those players confidence?

There are so many factors involved in these things, too many to be simplified into our little online fan consipracy conclusions.

We have alot of good players in those areas now, and I'm also a big fan of EMI, however this is just yet another in a line of conspiracies.

You all just refuse to accept anything which doesn't go along with the narrative, even if it comes straight from the horses mouth 🤦🏿‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Last 15 games:

Buendia: 534 minutes / 3 goals, 3 assists

Coutinho: 1039 minutes / 3 goals, 1 assist

Wouldn't say output is the deciding factor here, would you?

Whats special about the last 15 games? Oh right you invented it. How sad. Just go for the obvious one. Emi is 1 in 1. Theres your invented stat for you.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, it's 100 percent ok, and I also added that caveat.

The issue with that is, everything coming from the club, and Manager himself verbally indicates that is not the case.

It's armchair fans who have come to the conclusion that this IS the case and that's the end of the story. Lol

There was a point where. " I don't think SG fancies Bailey " and then he was starting games ahead of EMI, and Vice versa.

What is a combination of thinking certain setup and personall might be better against certain opposition, or suit a certain system better at times, in combination with niggles which put another player in the squad ahead of him.

Just the other week he hated Ming's and would only play him again when he looked him in the eyes. Who was also injured.

What if there is also an element of Man Management ( As we also have other players in the team ) where we are also trying to balance giving those players confidence?

There are so many factors involved in these things, tooich to be simplified into our little online fan consipracy conclusions.

We have alot of good players in those areas now, and I'm also a fan of EMI, however this is just yet another in a line of conspiracies.

You all just refuse to accept anything which doesn't go along with the narrative, even if it comes straight from the horses mouth 🤦🏿‍♂️

Actions speak louder than words. If he slags Emi off and say he has no place in the side, but still starts him anyway...don't think anyone would have a problem. But there's a clear pattern that's hard to ignore. I personally accept his explanation for these 2 games, and hope that page has finally been turned. Wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't though.

12 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Whats special about the last 15 games? Oh right you invented it. How sad. Just go for the obvious one. Emi is 1 in 1. Theres your invented stat for you.

It's no more invented than your stat, which includes 11 games that Gerrard wasn't even here for, for some reason?

I picked 15 games because I think it's a fair and broad assessment of recent form...you know, presumably what managers pick players on?

It also illustrates a trend in both their respective forms. But if you have a better yardstick, by all means. The 10 game window pretty much looks exactly the same.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's no more invented than your stat, which includes 11 games that Gerrard wasn't even here for, for some reason?

I picked 15 games because I think it's a fair and broad assessment of recent form...you know, presumably what managers pick players on?

It also illustrates a trend in both their respective forms. But if you have a better yardstick, by all means. The 10 game window pretty much looks exactly the same.

And there we are.

I didn't cherry pick stats to give false comparisons I gave you the actual ones from last season. If I wanted to play the silly game of trying to make one of our players look falsely bad I would have compared Emi's output in the past 19 games. The same amount of time Coutinho has been here. But that would be unfair on Emi as he had injury issues last season and he got displaced as a starter many times because of Phil.

The truth is we have two fantastic 10's and we are lucky to have them. They will rotate, play together and contribute just like they already have. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Â