Midweek Football 26/29 April

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Chelsea might regret all those missed opportunities. Would love to see Madrid and Perez sent packing.

I'd love it too, but I'd like to see Zidane win another one for the history books. 

Whatever happens, I'll be happy.

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Who in their right mind watches the CL after the ESL bullshit? I'd rather put my nuts in a vise

I like good football, and while I love Villa, watching the game v baggies and watching this is like two different sports.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I like good football, and while I love Villa, watching the game v baggies and watching this is like two different sports.

I like football too. Which is exactly why I will boycott everything associated with those clubs, the CL a UEFA until they are punished.

Watching those matches basically condones what they've done, and you support ruining the sport and agree to everything they suggested. There's no middle ground here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I like football too. Which is exactly why I will boycott everything associated with those clubs, the CL a UEFA until they are punished.

Watching those matches basically condones what they've done, and you support ruining the sport and agree to everything they suggested. There's no middle ground here.

If I watch the game tomorrow, or don’t watch the game tomorrow, it’ll make absolutely no difference.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

The ESL isn't going to mean that I never watch those teams ever again, I'm not that pissed about it, especially with the CL and FFP combining to basically shit all over competition for years anyway

But honestly I've got absolutely 0 interest in Chelsea or Real Madrid 

Might watch a bit of city vs PSG 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

If I watch the game tomorrow, or don’t watch the game tomorrow, it’ll make absolutely no difference.

Me not buying South African cider didn’t affect apartheid much either, but it's about consumer power and saying enough is enough. Surprised anyone have to say this.

If that's your view of the world ypu might as well never vote.

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Kudos to you, I hope you can follow through with this when we play Barcelona in 2025 CL final ;)

But on a serious note, football is my hobby. I enjoy it. Var, silly handball rule changes, stupid CL rules, bad referees, it doesn't change the fact that after a day of work I like to sit down and watch 22 athletes at their top performance. For a minute (or for 90), it makes you forget about all the above shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought UEFA and these 12 clubs were a bunch of words removed 2 weeks ago, I think they're all a bunch of words removed now

I'm not sure what's actually changed? 

They just announced they are a bunch of words removed and backed out of the announcement.

Otherwise, business as usual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Kudos to you, I hope you can follow through with this when we play Barcelona in 2025 CL final ;)

If they survive bankruptcy that long ill be very impressed 😛 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Who in their right mind watches the CL after the ESL bullshit? I'd rather put my nuts in a vise

im half and half, the Champions League is a farcical tournament and these clubs are scum BUT I find it hard to blame the actual players involved

That's a great goal by benzema, 3 players jumping in front of him, not sure he can anticipate it coming to him so it's pure split second reactions both in the header and the volley 

Its really skillful and a lot harder than he made it look 

I haven't given two craps for the Champions League for years and won't do so unless Villa ever qualify for it. They don't even bother to allow to have a highlights programme on terrestrial tv any more, which speaks volumes for me. A elite competition for a elite collection of teams. I got briefly excited a few years ago when Ajax nearly reached the final, but that's it.

I had a similar attitude for the PL when Villa where in the EFL but maybe that's was just sour grapes.

• Like 1

I have BT sports bundled “free” (not really but you know) in my Virgin pack so I tend to use it for CL football. 
The 2 legs between Bayern and PSG were 2 of the best games I’ve watched in a long time.

I’ll watch the game tonight, hoping for another great game but I think Pep will go very defensive due to the M’bappe and Neymar threat.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have BT sports bundled “free” (not really but you know) in my Virgin pack so I tend to use it for CL football. 
The 2 legs between Bayern and PSG were 2 of the best games I’ve watched in a long time.

I’ll watch the game tonight, hoping for another great game but I think Pep will go very defensive due to the M’bappe and Neymar threat.

This is Champions League Pep, he still has to try a new tactic this season. Maybe play his 2 fastest players at full back to stop them so can see Walker at Right Back and Sterling at Left Back

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

This is Champions League Pep, he still has to try a new tactic this season. Maybe play his 2 fastest players at full back to stop them so can see Walker at Right Back and Sterling at Left Back

He only went half-Pep in the cup final playing without a striker, and having a world class and a top class one on the bench.

He must be itching to go full Pep, play Ederson right side of a 7 man midfield.

Â