Grand National 2021

AvfcRigo82

I'll start off by looking at the hosses on the day of the race and kidding myself that it is anything other than a lottery and will have a few bets on some of the outside favorites and then I'll stick a couple of quid on a few horses that I like the name of....then about 10 minutes before the race I'll panic that I haven't picked a winner and I'll put some more money on some more hosses.

In the end I'll end up having money on at least half of the ones that are running and I can guarantee that I'll still lose

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

In the end I'll end up having money on at least half of the ones that are running and I can guarantee that I'll still lose

Atleast the final 40 runners have now been declared from the 63 that were entered as of Wednesday.

Bet365 are giving half of your EW stakes back up to £125 per existing customer before the 7th April.

I’ve done some matched betting and guaranteed myself £70 profit, though if any of my picks come 5th (as Bet365 pays 5 places and I’ve laid 4 on the exchange) I’ll win some more.

This is a nice way to win but still have an interest in the race - only I’m watching for 5th place not the winner!

Best case scenario for me is Minella Times to come 5th.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I'll start off by looking at the hosses on the day of the race and kidding myself that it is anything other than a lottery and will have a few bets on some of the outside favorites and then I'll stick a couple of quid on a few horses that I like the name of....then about 10 minutes before the race I'll panic that I haven't picked a winner and I'll put some more money on some more hosses.

Haha, sounds like my house. I usually have a small bet or two on this race without much success. The one year I did win I had 3-4 horses covered and that was when I went with Mon Mome, simply because MON was our manager at the time. That was a good win as it was 150-1 when I put a couple of quid on it. I think the bookies have made that back since then though as that was my last win on the Grand National.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

will we see a lady ride the winner tomorrow?

Hopefully, I’ve got Minella Times, Yala Enki and Sub Lieutenant so I hope they’re  all in the frame. I’ll go for the latter to win as I like a longshot and a nice story.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

I always go for a horse with claret and blue colours.That policy hasn’t been hugely successful.

Ballyoptic is 66/1 will probably give it another go.

Guaranteed faller with Sam Twiston-Daley on board

35 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

He actually stayed on amazingly well from a near fall today but I think he still fell later, definitely didn’t win either way 

Yeah I witnessed his dramatic narrow escape.

The odd times I have a punt now and again and I see him on something that I like I just oppose the horse if I see he is riding it.

How the hell Paul Nicholls let's him near his horses is beyond me.

36 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah I witnessed his dramatic narrow escape.

The odd times I have a punt now and again and I see him on something that I like I just oppose the horse if I see he is riding it.

How the hell Paul Nicholls let's him near his horses is beyond me.

Exactly the same. If I see write up of  horse and feel like backing it, then see STD riding it’s ducking mo chance 

edit: this reads at least as drunk as I am 

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Â