79 members have voted

1. 1. Would Baros be a good signing?

• Yes
    • No

personally, i'd love the following

MELLBERG DISTIN (?) LAURSEN

SOLANO DAVIES MCCANN BERGER

PHILLIPS ANGEL BAROS (?)

Now that would be very nice, although unrealistic methinks. I agree with Hobbo as well, I'm optimistic that's there's still a good signing or two on the horizon

outs - postma, drobny, hitz, stefan moore, vassell, cole

ins - taylor, hughes, defender x (distin), berger, phillips, forward y (baros)

I dislike Ellis as much as the next bloke but that would definitely be progress...assuming it happens...which it may not

Would I like to see Baros come to Villa?

Yes

Will I see baros come to Villa?

No. Not when there are a host of other clubs who are in European comps who can have him. I heard Lyon are interested and Houllier is there.

PHILLIPS ANGEL BAROS (?)

Ouch. Would get hammered week in, week out down the flanks I'm afraid.

Baros would not have been my first choice at the start of the close season, but I'd bite your hands off if he was offered now.

Not that it'll happen mind.

No. Not when there are a host of other clubs who are in European comps who can have him. I heard Lyon are interested and Houllier is there.

well that's Lyon out of the equation as he fell out with houllier at Liverpool

I think Villa would be ideal for Baros, and Baros would be ideal for Villa.

Wanted him last season, still want him now. He's what? 23?

I think there might actually be something in this, 'cos it'd make a hell of a lot of sense on all parts. Apart from the Vassell bit.

PHILLIPS ANGEL BAROS (?)

Ouch. Would get hammered week in, week out down the flanks I'm afraid.

Baros would not have been my first choice at the start of the close season, but I'd bite your hands off if he was offered now.

Not that it'll happen mind.

it's what i'd like to see. won't happen though, because we would get spanked. we'd score a ton of goals though!

Meh. Would be an ok signing, can think of others that I'd rather spend that sort of money on. I'm just not sure he'd bring anything new to the team. But as always, if the manager wants him then Id be chuffed.

Its cirtainly more likely than the Saviola link......

Not overly keen on Baros myself. And switching him for Vassell and losing money in the process would be sheer lunacy IMHO.

But it's academic anyway. With all our near competitors in the hunt for a striker we wouldn't get a sniff.

Surely this has been clear to everybody since the Beattie fiasco. Why can't we pursue a less fashionable target that we would actually stand a chance of landing?

i love vassell because he's a brummie done good, but i'm kinda sick of watching him running towards to corner flag and not finishing one on ones

If you're sick of that then we better not buy Baros either :winkold:

Baros is a better finisher than Vassell will ever be.

i love vassell because he's a brummie done good, but i'm kinda sick of watching him running towards to corner flag and not finishing one on ones

Vassell picks up the ball on the left wing, turns and runs upfield, gets forced out wide and more often than not, loses posession.

Baros picks up the ball on the left wing, turns and runs upfield, drops a shoulder and uses his balance to turn infield and either pass or shoot.

Here's a question, how many of our striker's goals were scored from outside the penalty area? Can't think of many (or any) and Baros definitely would provide that element.

Vassell picks up the ball on the left wing, turns and runs upfield, gets forced out wide and more often than not, loses posession.

Baros picks up the ball on the left wing, turns and runs upfield, drops a shoulder and uses his balance to turn infield and either pass or shoot.

Here's a question, how many of our striker's goals were scored from outside the penalty area? Can't think of many (or any) and Baros definitely would provide that element.

Baros got 9 league goals in 25 games last season and for him that was poor. He's a better player than Vassell in my opinion (and younger too), at times Vassell reminds me of a headless chicken, he's got the pace but he doesn't really know what to do with the ball when he's got it, and his finishing is woeful most of the time.

I'm not utterly convinced Baros would be a good signing, he's still to really prove himself in the Premiership. He's definitely not "shit", though, as someone has said.

I'm amazed so many people are so keen to get rid of Vassell, a very useful player to have coming off the bench at the very least (and streets ahead of Luke Moore at the moment).