Possible Baros bid?

Claret&Blue

Would Baros be a good signing?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would Baros be a good signing?

• Yes
    • No

Tend to agree, but I would like to keep Vas aswell.

it's because he's a brummie, innit?

unless o'leary's worked wonders for his confidence, i reckon we may have seen the last of him

For me Baros does what Vassell does only better.

Neither are prolific goalscorers, and thats not really their role in the side - their role is to pull defences open with intelligent running, making space for others.

Baros is a far more accomplished player than Darius technically, is a better finisher, and a more intelligent runner.

No brainer in my opinion. Certainly better than DV, miles better than Bellamy, different class to either.

:-) Good one BOF. Personally, I'd rather see Vassell reach his potential, but he's such a confidence player that I can't see that happening. Baros on the other hand you can see getting 10-15 every season, and on a good season 20+ I hope he does come

if he rejects us for west turkey it will show our club has become stale. dont forget we have the czech connection, maybe berger can persuade him to come.

imagine

JPA

VASS

PHILIPS

BAROS

as our four strikers, man we would have great attacking options. if we signed baros and distin i would be very pelased with that wouldnt you? however it is unlikely knowing villa

Villa prepare Baros raid

Jul 20 2005

By Bill Howell, Evening Mail

VILLA boss David O'Leary is finally set to put his summer of interest in Liverpool striker Milan Baros into action.

The 23-year-old Czech international striker has been told by Rafael Benitez that he can look for a new club after less than impressive performances in the latter half of last season.

Baros was left out of the squad for last night's Champions League qualifier victory against TNS and afterwards Benitez confirmed Liverpool would not stand in his way if a firm bid was made.

The five-goal top scorer at Euro 2004 had set his heart on a move to Spain at the end of the season and turned down the opportunity of linking up with former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier at Lyon.

Villa kept their interest on the backburner but with Baros' dream move failing to materialise and with Peter Crouch sealing a £7million transfer to Anfield today, they suddenly believe they have a chance.

They are understood to be set to launch a £5million-£6million bid, money set aside initially for Craig Bellamy's transfer.

But Villa will face stiff competition from a host of European and Premiership clubs with Manchester City and Everton both rumoured to be keen.

Baros scored 13 goals in 45 appearances last season, including nine league goals in 25 games and played the first 85 minutes of the European Cup Final in Turkey against AC Milan.

And the move will cast doubts on Darius Vassell's long-term future. The England striker has just one year left on his deal but speculation linking him with an imminent move to Manchester City appears wide of the mark.

journalism must be so easy......................

Bringing him in and turfing Vassell out is a no-brainer if you ask me. If we do sign Baros, then surely DOL would also keep Vass.

We'd have a decent(ish) quartet then with Luke Moore playing a bit part role.

However Baros wouldnt be first choice so why come from the Liverpool bench to sit on the Villa bench? :?

I think he's got a good shout for forcing his way into first choice. I don't know how him and Angel would combine together but I think it'd be a close call between him/Angel/Phillips. Maybe we shoule go for 4-3-3 ;-)

i'd definitely go for baros and let vassell go to city to off-set some of the cost of distin - that would make me feel confident for the season coming.

i may be overly-optimistic (last summer as well), but could DOLs quotes be to try and play down the amount of money available to get a good deal? it's the kind of thing i'd try and do if i were him...

one last point, DOL says its been 4 in and 4 out. if thats to pressure the board into buying more players, great, but lets not be fooled by his usual blarney.

assuming the outs are cole, drobny, hitz and moore (s), only 1 was really a first team regular (hitz) and he was a sub in around 50% of the games. cole played but only because our strike force can't stop getting injured, whilst drobny and moore (s) never figured. the 4 'ins' might not make the Chelsea 1st XI, but theyre all 1st team potential.

i'm sure somebody will have a pop but you can't really say the team hasnt been strengthened although you could say it hasnt been strengthened enough

I think he's got a good shout for forcing his way into first choice. I don't know how him and Angel would combine together but I think it'd be a close call between him/Angel/Phillips. Maybe we shoule go for 4-3-3

great idea, but our midfield isn't strong enough in the defence! we'd be kicked around the park.

personally, i'd love the following

MELLBERG DISTIN (?) LAURSEN

SOLANO DAVIES MCCANN BERGER

PHILLIPS ANGEL BAROS (?)