Possible Baros bid?

Claret&Blue

Would Baros be a good signing?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would Baros be a good signing?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not utterly convinced Baros would be a good signing, he's still to really prove himself in the Premiership. He's definitely not "shit", though, as someone has said.

I'm amazed so many people are so keen to get rid of Vassell, a very useful player to have coming off the bench at the very least (and streets ahead of Luke Moore at the moment).

If he was going to be our very supersub coming off the bench for the last half an hour that would be great but i can't see him being happy with that.

I don't want to see him in another club's shirt (as he's come through our ranks and is a Brummie Villa fan) but lets face it he's hardly pulled up any trees in a Villa shirt has he??

With our luck we get rid of Vass and he makes us eat our hats like Crouch, and that's what scares me about giving up on Darius. Its the old DAMNED if you do.. DAMNED if you dont scenario.

That said I cant see Baros joining Villa because of the NO EUROPE factor. I hope I'm wrong.

With our luck we get rid of Vass and he makes us eat our hats like Crouch, and that's what scares me about giving up on Darius. Its the old DAMNED if you do.. DAMNED if you dont scenario.

That said I cant see Baros joining Villa because of the NO EUROPE factor. I hope I'm wrong.

Dunno about other fans on here but Crouch certainly hasn't made me eat my hat, he's a decent player at best who scored goals at Southampton but in my opinion he isn't worth £7m, and i'm pretty sure the Liverpool fans will agree with that by Xmas. I was glad we got rid because he wasn't good enough in my opinion, and i'd rather vassell in our team than him.

As for Baros not joining because we're not in Europe, well that doesn't wash with me. He's 23 years old and i'm sure he'd look at the bigger picture rather than just the fact that we won't be playing Euro football in the next 12 months.

Again I agree with 1982 :roll:

I think with a few footballers this year is about getting first team football so that they can get into world cup squads more than european football. Hitz was a perfect example of this. So would Baros join us, Im not so sure especially with 3 forwards already at the club

Again I agree with 1982 :roll:

I think with a few footballers this year is about getting first team football so that they can get into world cup squads more than european football. Hitz was a perfect example of this. So would Baros join us, Im not so sure especially with 3 forwards already at the club

I think Baros would be guaranteed a place in the Czech squad to be honest, so I'd hope you'd be wrong with that.

I just want someone to sign for the club who is a genuine talent with his career in front of him (as opposed to behind him like the others we've signed) and who would make Villa Park buzz again.

I'd put Baros in that bracket and I hope he'll come.

I'd also say, that with the funds that Villa would have to shell out, I'd expect him to be starting.

What sort of hypothetical money are we talking here John? £5m? More?

I remember on match of the day they were showing how Baros and cisse didnt link together because baros was never getting in the box when his partner was. He was coming too deep like juan pablo was doing all season, maybe baros could do all the coming deep and angel could get back in the box and do the poaching he did season before last.

was coming too deep like juan pablo

Very observant. I noticed that too. I also noticed that he was drawn out to the same side as Ulises and Nobby instead of our wingers floating the ball into him inside the box. I think we weren't very direct from the wings. However, I do think that we do have another goal poacher in Kev Phillips.

Dunno about other fans on here but Crouch certainly hasn't made me eat my hat, he's a decent player at best who scored goals at Southampton but in my opinion he isn't worth £7m, and i'm pretty sure the Liverpool fans will agree with that by Xmas. I was glad we got rid because he wasn't good enough in my opinion, and i'd rather vassell in our team than him.

As for Baros not joining because we're not in Europe, well that doesn't wash with me. He's 23 years old and i'm sure he'd look at the bigger picture rather than just the fact that we won't be playing Euro football in the next 12 months.

Your right about Baros.. I PRAY TO GOD!!!

As for Crouch.. I'll admit I didn't think much of him.. but obviously Sven and Rafa Benitez know a lot more about football then I do.. so until he proves THEM wrong.. PASS THE KETCHUP FOR THIS HAT!!

I dont rate Crouch - he had a good few months last year but it doesnt make him world class over night does it?

Of course it does, he's signed for Liverpool after all, Liverpool never make duff signings ever...........................................

AAAAAAcctually now I come to think of it, they've made more duff signings than any club I can think of in recent years.................

I dont rate Crouch - he had a good few months last year but it doesnt make him world class over night does it?

It did for Henry who was booed by Juventus fans who couldn't wait for him to leave. Years later WALA!! he's World Class!! I'm not saying Crouch is Henry by any means.. but apparently he's good enough to play for the reigning European champs AND England.