2021-22 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

Just now, Tegis said:

I think we are in the Watson or stay with Lock race. With all the QB hoopla right now a stud will fall to us at 9. Pitts? Sewell? Parsons? Or one of the corners

Is there still a race for Watson ? Best case he's suspended a year and worst case he goes to prison.

If Pitts is there at  9 then run to the podium . He's the best football player in the draft period.

Mac Jones is far better than people realise too IMO . He ain't going to do much with his legs but he's a fantastic pocket passer . He has amazing feet , great mechanics and goes through reads just as quickly as any QB in the draft.  Most importantly he is super accurate. The SEC factor comes into play too.

23 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Is there still a race for Watson ?

Who knows, nobody will touch him (oops) until it's over and done with

• Like 2

On 26/03/2021 at 21:29, Tegis said:

I think we are in the Watson or stay with Lock race. With all the QB hoopla right now a stud will fall to us at 9. Pitts? Sewell? Parsons? Or one of the corners

Sewell is not getting past Cincinnati. He's the Quenton Nelson of this draft class but at tackle, probably end up as All-Pro. I think Broncos should take whatever drops to them where they are and it'll be at worst a top-end receiver like Pitts for TE or one of the plethora of top WRs.

WRT the draft order Jags won't pass on Lawrence so that's him sealed to them, I can't see the Jets going with Darnold so Zach Wilson is almost a lock at 2 and we wouldn't give up two firsts to move up for Sewell (as we've got Trent Williams at LT) or Devonta Smith/Jaylen Waddle as WR isn't a massive hole need either. So we're definitely going up for QB. (Plus you don't give up that much capital for receivers or non-elite edge players)

Falcons will take either Sewell or a QB at 4 depending on how they feel about Matt Ryan's future. With 3 QBs gone the likelihood is it'll be best case scenario McCorkle Jones or Trey Lance. Lance could be interesting for them as he's very much a project and with Ryan there he has no need to immediately start and get ripped to shreds by critics/fans

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So how long until its 8 home 8 away 1 international... 

They can't go to 18 until 2031 according to the latest CBA deal I think so it's probably going to be at least 10 years .

Wouldn't be so bad if they brought in an extra bye week. 

Plus being away from Adam Gase and working with Joe Brady will surely mean some improvement. He does well and is salvageable - Panthers can build with it. He sucks - Panthers grab a QB in the top 5 in 2022. I don't think it's as risible as some are making out 

I've always liked Darnold but ... without Chris Manhertz.?     Ooooof.

Seems a good deal for all involved except Houston who somehow gave the Lakers a future second round pick as part of the trade.

• Haha 2

Kyle Pitts is in play for us big time and we don't really have a tight end (Dan Arnold looks okay, Ian Thomas has done nothing of note since drafting), but I am starting to think we get the number 2 OT.

3 hours ago, Milfner said:

Kyle Pitts is in play for us big time and we don't really have a tight end.

Draft him, get McCaffrey back and sling it to DJ More and Robby Anderson. That aint too frigging bad.

Edited by Tegis
schepelling
  • Like 1

Â