2021-22 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

I think we'll end up with Slater. Not bad but it's a case of what could have been. Losing seasons sucks, but it's sucks even more with no real QB solution in sight. Unless Lock does a 180 and becomes serviceable. His stats last year was atrocious.

Losing seasons where you win the last 4 games and put yourself in no man's land for the draft... Cheers lynn

Could be worse, could be a jets fan 

Slater is an interesting one for me because if him and sewell go before the chargers then I think they don't go for the blindingly obvious OT that they need

You could adversely impact the chargers by taking him in a way that's really hard to predict 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Slater is an interesting one for me because if him and sewell go before the chargers then I think they don't go for the blindingly obvious OT that they need

This years  OL class is pretty good .   Cosmi , Leatherwood and Radundz are all ready to go but for me the one to snag is Walker Little from Stanford.  He missed 2019 with injury and last season he opted out but in 2018 he was the best freshman tackle in the NCAA . If he declared then he would have been drafted in the top 5 for sure.   

• Like 1

On 23/04/2021 at 20:40, Tegis said:

Well, ****.

OBJ is a great lineman, and he was always going to be leaving whether its now for picks or next year for nothing. It weakens us, but I'm happy with the picks. Not happy with his social media moaning about being a 'Left Tackle' etc...

The fact he posted 'Raven 4L' on his Twitter triggered me more than it should have.

28 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

OBJ is a great lineman, and he was always going to be leaving whether its now for picks or next year for nothing. It weakens us, but I'm happy with the picks. Not happy with his social media moaning about being a 'Left Tackle' etc...

The fact he posted 'Raven 4L' on his Twitter triggered me more than it should have.

It's who you traded to that gets me ;)

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Are the 2 that the chiefs released still any good or old and broken? 

Both still free agents 

Mitchell Schwartz is borderline best right tackle in the league. He's the only one that shuts down Miller on a regular basis. Very much worth a punt

• Like 1

To be fair to him the Jordan Love pick was a bit shit... Got 5 years+ left in him, need that one skilled player to be the last piece of the jigsaw and win that SB.... And they draft his replacement... 

It still doesn't make sense 

Its like villa spending £40m this summer on emi Martinezs replacement for when he leaves rather than the wingers that we need to make us better 

• Like 1

Â