Frederik Leth — Head of Football Research

Villaphan04

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm sure Dean Smith at least knows exactly what Villa fans are like. After all, he is one. 

I'm on this website almost every day and even I get shocked at some of the new things that get commented on here to debate(whinge) about.

I've some experience In this field, the job title will likely the reflect the practise of working in research, analytics and insight though the application of that role could be focused on the football side of the club, the operational side of the club or commercial side of the club. This is why we probably are seeing a few clubs with similar job roles but probably different areas of focus. If hes recruited by and working for Lange, assumption is he will be supporting the football side of things. 

It's also quite possible that villa already have some people focused in this area and they will be consolidated under the new recruit. This is quite normal at the moment, lots of organisations bringing in chief analytics officer roles.

• 2 months later...

This article from when he was appointed Copenhagen's Technical Director talks about his roles there, might give us a clue as to the role he will have with us.

'Frederik is incredibly strong analytically and a very talented person, and it's not too strange that amongst us his nickname is 'The Brain'," says Ståle. "Frederik knows the club down to the smallest detail after many years in the Talent Department and then in the Scouting Department, which he has been a key person in developing, most recently as head of the department. "That role has also made him an integral part of our decisions and development from the Talent Department up to the First Team, and he has been a key figure in developing FCK in terms of structure, data and science.'

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
Â