maqroll

Who Should Be The New Captain?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be The New Captain?

• Martin Laursen
    • Nigel Reo-Coker
    • John Carew

Okey Cokey for me.

i like the cpatian being a centre mid player, but also think he has the drive and fire to take us forward.

Super Mart also a good shout though. Can't see it being BJ.

I don't think that we should have a captain after this season, regardless of whether Barry goes.

If he stays it will be because he is bound to his contract, thus making a mockery of the position.

The job of the pre-kick off formalities should alternate around the team.

I don't think that we should have a captain after this season, regardless of whether Barry goes.

If he stays it will be because he is bound to his contract, thus making a mockery of the position.

The job of the pre-kick off formalities should alternate around the team.

pass the armband round a la England? :lol:

I think it needs to be someone who is respected highly within the group and someone who can talk on the pitch.

My pick would be: Nigel Reo-Coker...with Martin Laursen to take over if Reo is unavailable for some reason.

Okey Cokey for me.

i like the cpatian being a centre mid player, but also think he has the drive and fire to take us forward.

I also like our captain being one of our best players. Reo-Coker is far from that.

Okey Cokey for me.

I also like our captain being one of our best players. Reo-Coker is far from that.

IMO he is one of the first names down on the teamsheet for MON, so i think he qualifies.

Barry hasn't left yet and I don't think he will to be honest... if he does it will be down to MON's lack of activity in the transfer market...

If Barry leaves it will be due to MON's lack of activity in the transfer market? :?

you've lost me Nick.

Barry hasn't left yet and I don't think he will to be honest... if he does it will be down to MON's lack of activity in the transfer market...

If Barry leaves it will be due to MON's lack of activity in the transfer market? :?

you've lost me Nick.

Thats what Barry said, more or less, if Villa don't show some ambition, he would consider his options... his words, not mine!

you've lost me Nick.

Thats what Barry said, more or less, if Villa don't show some ambition, he would consider his options... his words, not mine!

To be fair this is quite understandable. It also happened before with the likes of Southgate, Ugo and Boateng. The main difference now is we have money to spend so there should be no lack of ambition.

For me Barry has never actually been a real captain or demonstrated enugh Captain skills

Completely agree, kind of think people are getting a bit carried away over Barry. Yes he's a decent player but certianly no world beater, goes missing for weeks at a time. Often difficult to know if he's playing at all. Let him go a t a fiar price and give the captiancy to someone with a bit more steel and passion (NRC).

Â