Who Should Be The New Captain?

maqroll

Who Should Be The New Captain?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be The New Captain?

• Martin Laursen
    • Nigel Reo-Coker
    • John Carew

For me Barry has never actually been a real captain or demonstrated enugh Captain skills

Completely agree, kind of think people are getting a bit carried away over Barry. Yes he's a decent player but certianly no world beater, goes missing for weeks at a time. Often difficult to know if he's playing at all. Let him go a t a fiar price and give the captiancy to someone with a bit more steel and passion (NRC).

I just think a couple of lacklustre performances could have been avoided with a leader on the pitch.

NRC, he does it anyway. It's always him that gee's up the team and gives them a bollocking on the pitch, all Barry does is lead us out, has a chat with the ref and flips a coin. I'm fairly sure even Nigels alleged limited capacities can manage that little bit of responsibility ;).

Interesting one between NRC and Laursen. Mainly because I think that although NRC is the most natural leader in the team he's not as good a player as Laursen and if competition for places in Midfield arrives then making him captain would solidify his place in the team when he might not deserve it.

Then again I think he's Mon's type of player and will be a key part of the team for years to come.

Â