Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

I've got 11 players with DGW but 2 of those are GK, tempted by a - 8 to bring more in and play the BB but money just doesn't go far enough. Also, not sure I want to then buy Bamford back in for about £0.4 more than I'll sell him for and there's no attractive option at that price with a DGW (love Watkins but he rarely scores, Antonio is made of glass, Wilson has dried up). 

Has anyone looked at details of any future DGWs yet and seen if there is a decent alternative for the BB yet? I figure rate games are being postponed one might crop up. 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Has anyone looked at details of any future DGWs yet and seen if there is a decent alternative for the BB yet? I figure rate games are being postponed one might crop up. 

GW26 is the next significant DGW and it's where I'm planning on using my BB because I'll be wildcarding in 25.  GW29 is the corresponding blank.

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I've got 11 players with DGW but 2 of those are GK, tempted by a - 8 to bring more in and play the BB but money just doesn't go far enough. Also, not sure I want to then buy Bamford back in for about £0.4 more than I'll sell him for and there's no attractive option at that price with a DGW (love Watkins but he rarely scores, Antonio is made of glass, Wilson has dried up). 

Taking a -8 just to have subs you'll use for 1 gameweek and losing 0.4m on someone you'll want back.  That sounds like a classic case of forcing the issue and over-focussing on one gameweek to me.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BOF said:

Taking a -8 just to have subs you'll use for 1 gameweek and losing 0.4m on someone you'll want back.  That sounds like a classic case of forcing the issue and over-focussing on one gameweek to me.

Is what I'm thinking and will very likely not do it. Just feels like a massive waste of the last X game weeks where I purposefully transferred in to build a full squad for this week, just for postponements to mess that up. Twisted myself in knots over thinking this so appreciate 2nd opinion confirming it's a waste. 

35 minutes ago, BOF said:

I browse spend way too many teams much time on FPL than I should.

Just going to point out that after jokingly calling you a stalker, I log in 30 minutes later to see 4 notifications, all of which from you! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Just going to point out that after jokingly calling you a stalker, I log in 30 minutes later to see 4 notifications, all of which from you! 🤣

You're on my radar now see?

tenor.gif?itemid=4977801

• Haha 1

I’m taking a -8 but it’s for players I want to keep long term. 

Ive decided I am bench boosting. I know the other DGW is coming but I think I’ll load my bench with BGW29 players that week to make sure I’m set up for that

I'm in the slightly weird position of having £4.8m in the bank and not a completely clear way of spending it. It's not a whole lot of money. In reality it's an upgrade to one position in the team. Maybe and Kane or a Vardy up top. Who knows.

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm now leaning towards using my TC to get over the frustration of not using BB and the hopefully not lose to much pace on the ppl that do use their BB. 

Just need to know if @Stevo985 is captaining KDB or Fernandes first?

I won’t be captaining Bruno. 

It will probably be KDB or Salah

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm in the slightly weird position of having £4.8m in the bank and not a completely clear way of spending it. It's not a whole lot of money. In reality it's an upgrade to one position in the team. Maybe and Kane or a Vardy up top. Who knows.

Shame you can't loan it to me as I could definitely use it! 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I won’t be captaining Bruno. 

It will probably be KDB or Salah

Well I've got all 3.

Thinking of dropping Salah as he's off the boil.

KDB is very tempting and playing Villa so some joy if he destroys us. 

Bruno seems to have a higher points max though and I can see him getting a penalty against Liverpool and hopefully doing well against Fulham. 

I'm leaning towards Bruno but happy for a different point of view. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Bruno seems to have a higher points max though and I can see him getting a penalty against Liverpool and hopefully doing well against Fulham. 

I'm leaning towards Bruno but happy for a different point of view. 

One thing to consider is that Bruno is on 4 yellows and Liverpool like to spring traps that often require professional fouls to stop. It's a very real possibility he gets a 5th yellow in that game and misses the Fulham one

10 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

One thing to consider is that Bruno is on 4 yellows and Liverpool like to spring traps that often require professional fouls to stop. It's a very real possibility he gets a 5th yellow in that game and misses the Fulham one

I'm more worried about that happening to Jack to be honest. 

Feel like Bruno gets away with stuff most games so think he'll be alright. He'll also have this in his mind so doubt he'll risk it to much and that Ole will have  a word to go easy. 

Of course I've now jinxed it... 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm more worried about that happening to Jack to be honest. 

Me too but that's more to do with Villa than FPL.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Feel like Bruno gets away with stuff most games so think he'll be alright. He'll also have this in his mind so doubt he'll risk it to much and that Ole will have  a word to go easy. 

Agree that he gets away with murder at times and if it was any other game than a top of the table clash I'd agree that he'd take it easy. He's a winner though and if he needs to make a foul in that game he will do I think.

4 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Me too but that's more to do with Villa than FPL.

Agree that he gets away with murder at times and if it was any other game than a top of the table clash I'd agree that he'd take it easy. He's a winner though and if he needs to make a foul in that game he will do I think.

I've got Jack in FPL (most do) and his points per million is great. Him missing a game is a double loss for me. 

Bruno is a risk with the yellow and playing Liverpool, but I just have a feeling he'll edge KDB. I'm 60/40 on it though and could easily change by the deadline. 

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pardon my ignorance, but is this a good week for triple cap?

It's not a bad week for it. It's all about picking right (obviously) but I've seen it being discussed.