Academy General Topic

smetrov

No surprise by the score unfortunatley, Southampton are top of the table whereas we've been out form all season, makeshift defence not helping us, at the start of the season at least we were scoring some goals of our own, but they seemed to have dried up since Burchall got injured, he did make his comeback in Decemeber, but I think he might be injured again.

Good to see Shakpoke get another start and continue his return to fitness, and Patterson and Kadan Young getting starts as well.

The trialists were apparently Camero Gilbert and Taylor Clark.

Edit: I'm seeing suggestions now that it was Cameron Gilbert rather than 'Camero'.

Edited by useless

Ben Broggio has been called up by England U15s for the February camp. Might hear of a few more of our players getting called up over the coming days.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, useless said:

The trialists were apparently Camero Gilbert and Taylor Clark.

Edit: I'm seeing suggestions now that it was Cameron Gilbert rather than 'Camero'.

Gilbert signed for West Brom's academy back in 2016, I think he was an U12 back then, so another one that much of our academy staff will ready know and worked with.

• Thanks 1

On 04/02/2022 at 21:37, useless said:

Ben Broggio has been called up by England U15s for the February camp. Might hear of a few more of our players getting called up over the coming days.

Not sure who they played but they won 1-0 today and Broggio scored the winner on his debut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good sign that we've got a bunch of players in and around the England Youth squads at U15, U16, and U17 level. New year as well, so as the year goes on they will start pushing players up an age group, so will be interesting to see if any of our U14s eventually get a call up to the England U15s.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

He posted a brief few clips of his England debut against Wolves on his instagram, his goal isn't there, but you can see he likes to run with the ball and if those moments are anything to by looks to have some skill, wearing the No.10 shirt, so maybe not an out and out striker, I think he wears that the No.10 for us as well.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Interesting to see that Feeney was talking about looking forward to next months Euros.

Is there an U17 Championship next month?

I'm already watching the Villa, the U23s and 15 sides we've got players out on loan to - won't someone think of my family!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting to see that Feeney was talking about looking forward to next months Euros.

Is there an U17 Championship next month?

I'm already watching the Villa, the U23s and 15 sides we've got players out on loan to - won't someone think of my family!

Where was he talking about looking forward to next month’s Euro’s?

On 10/02/2022 at 11:00, useless said:

Triston Rowe has apparently been called up to the Engand U16 squad for the mini tournament in the Algarve.

Unfortunately they lost 5-1 to Germany, but Rowe started the game and made his debut at that level, he wore the No.2 shirt, which might indicate that he was playing right-back, which would also suggest that that's where he's been playing for us.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Unfortunately they lost 5-1 to Germany, but Rowe started the game and made his debut at that level, he wore the No.2 shirt, which might indicate that he was playing right-back, which would also suggest that that's where he's been playing for us.

I was under the impression that he was a centre back but I don’t know

I thought he (Triston Rowe) was a centre-back, but the brief highlights I saw of him made him look more than good enough on the ball to play as a fullback or in midfield. If he's starting for England U16s as a right-back then I imagine that's where he's been playing for us as I doubt England will be short of options in that area to the point that they have to play central-defender out of position.

At his young age a player's position isn't always fixed anyway, he might be a bit like Patterson, who's played central midfield, on the wing, and left-back for England and for us. 

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Â