Streets of Rage 4

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

DF Retro loved it.

Ive bought it in my switch and its bloody fantastic. Music gameplay graphics fighting style controls. Everything is perfect

10% off on estore at the moment 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 01/05/2020 at 09:56, Dante_Lockhart said:

Out now by the looks. Have to say, it looks pretty sweet. Nostalgia hitting me hard right now. £17.99 for PSPlus members on PSN (£19.99 standard)

Was and still is free to play on game pass. A very good game it is 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yep i agree. Very brilliantly done. Its quite hard though at parts

Dont need to do anything hard to unlock the previous games characters, just play the game.

It can get tougher in places, has some groovy tunes to listen to, very colourful and keeps you at screen till your finished.

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Dont need to do anything hard to unlock the previous games characters, just play the game.

It can get tougher in places, has some groovy tunes to listen to, very colourful and keeps you at screen till your finished.

The music and visuals are fantastic.  A masterpiece of a game.

I wonder after this success whether they will go for a number 5?

On 04/05/2020 at 21:41, The_Rev said:

I had Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3 back in the day so it would be rude not to, right? 

This reminds me a whole lot of a game a used to play at one of those old arcade machines as a kid. Must have been mid to late 90s. Could it be? 

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This reminds me a whole lot of a game a used to play at one of those old arcade machines as a kid. Must have been mid to late 90s. Could it be? 

Double Dragon, Captain Commando, Final fight, Simpsons, Aliens vs predator, X-men, Golden axe, Turtles and Splatterhouse they were a few of the most popular beat em up coin op games on arcade back in the 90s.

PitFighter was another but you were surrounded by a crowd and could use weapons and was pretty darn awesome for an arena player v player or player the AI.

WrestleFest was the first WWF game i think on arcade was brilliant with the legion of doom,  hulk, ultimate warrior and demolition and earthquake. 

King of the monsters was another arena type beat em up.

King of the Fighters, Street Fighter, Marvel super heroes, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, X-men v streefighter, were all proper player v player fighting games, so many variations of the street fighter games there were.

And many more I cant think of at moment but used to love them all back in my child hood.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Double Dragon, Captain Commando, Final fight, Simpsons, Aliens vs predator, X-men, Golden axe, Turtles and Splatterhouse they were a few of the most popular beat em up coin op games on arcade back in the 90s.

PitFighter was another but you were surrounded by a crowd and could use weapons and was pretty darn awesome for an arena player v player or player the AI.

WrestleFest was the first WWF game i think on arcade was brilliant with the legion of doom,  hulk, ultimate warrior and demolition and earthquake. 

King of the Fighters, Street Fighter, Marvel super heroes, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, X-men v streefighter, were all proper player v player fighting games, so many variations of the street fighter games there were.

And many more I cant think of at moment but used to love them all back in my child hood.

All those games you mentioned were fantastic.  I loved that simpsons beat em up. Brilliant game

• Thanks 1

On 31/07/2020 at 22:53, Dave-R said:

What was the arcade game fighter, it had a wrestler who was modelled on Hulk Hogan and some ninja fella and one who had a wolf attack, had it in my local and recall it was good. Remember being blown away by the graphics in Double Dragon when I first saw it in an arcade  

21 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

What was the arcade game fighter, it had a wrestler who was modelled on Hulk Hogan and some ninja fella and one who had a wolf attack, had it in my local and recall it was good. Remember being blown away by the graphics in Double Dragon when I first saw it in an arcade  

May of been captain commando because there is ninja in that, was there robot you could climb into, rocket launchers you could pick up a d a robot character with a baby head and face, if so it was CC.

Double Dragon was ace and still is, loved them all but the Green man as what he was known as was irritating as hell when hed fling you through air lol.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

May of been captain commando because there is ninja in that, was there robot you could climb into, rocket launchers you could pick up a d a robot character with a baby head and face, if so it was CC.

Double Dragon was ace and still is, loved them all but the Green man as what he was known as was irritating as hell when hed fling you through air lol.

Don’t think so, when I say ninja I mean a bit like Ryu or Ken off street fighter, the wrestler looked like Hogan and was always waffling about winning all the belts in the dialogue box at the bottom. Would have been early 90’s 👍

17 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Don’t think so, when I say ninja I mean a bit like Ryu or Ken off street fighter, the wrestler looked like Hogan and was always waffling about winning all the belts in the dialogue box at the bottom. Would have been early 90’s 👍

What and it was a scrolling fighting game like the other mentioned above?? Anything else you remember by it because the winning belts things comes to mind but cant place the game in my head yet.

How many characters total, anything stand out about background stages, weapons other hero types.

You can certainly count battletoads turtles, Simpsons n allthe types out. Doesnt sound like a streets of rage, certainly not final fight or double dragon, in face many of those games I mentioned above it does not sound like.

Shadow Dancer you had a ninja as a player who had a wolf.

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What and it was a scrolling fighting game like the other mentioned above?? Anything else you remember by it because the winning belts things comes to mind but cant place the game in my head yet.

It was a pretty much street fighter clone as I recall, It might not of been a wolf attack but a dragon attack that one of them had. Also one was on the M Bison type or very similar

Doing my fruit in  now🤣

Edited by Follyfoot

21 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Not this is it, remember this used to have three screen youd look at to play it on.

Â