Streets of Rage 4

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It was a pretty much street fighter clone as I recall, It might not of been a wolf attack but a dragon attack that one of them had. Also one was on the M Bison type or very similar

Doing my fruit in  now🤣

Oh so it's not side scrolling beat em up but actual beat em up then that narrows it down abit.

What about Fatal Fury that was a very good clone of Streetfighter.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Oh so it's not side scrolling beat em up but actual beat em up then that narrows it down abit.

What about Fatal Fury that was a very good clone of Streetfighter.

Found it, it was called world heroes and the wrestler was called musclepower 👍

thanks for all your assistance by way, Would never of tracked it down otherwise

Edited by Follyfoot

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

That’s the one 👍

Certainly has streetfighter written all over it although street fighter II was released in 1991 and world heroes 1992, not so sure it's a rip off,this was the fighting game era for definitely and many were made as if it were the genre that was on top of the rest.

1987 the very first street fighter game was released, long time between that and the rest that followed.

It's not like that today, First person shooters, Role play and Racing games have taken over in the multiplayer world.

Games like Streetfighter helped to hit back at Bullys back then in my neighbourhood believe it or not at my local youth club and arcade zones,gaming was my justice.

Alot of these games were absolute amazing stood at arcades for hours at a time, kept us youth out of trouble and now most arcade zones, shops are gone and they should still be about.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Certainly has streetfighter written all over it although street fighter II was released in 1991 and world heroes 1992, not so sure it's a rip off,this was the fighting game era for definitely and many were made as if it were the genre that was on top of the rest.

1987 the very first street fighter game was released, long time between that and the rest that followed.

It's not like that today, First person shooters, Role play and Racing games have taken over in the multiplayer world.

Games like Streetfighter helped to hit back at Bullys back then in my neighbourhood believe it or not at my local youth club and arcade zones,gaming was my justice.

Alot of these games were absolute amazing stood at arcades for hours at a time, kept us youth out of trouble and now most arcade zones, shops are gone and they should still be about.

You would’ve absolutely destroyed me as I only knew one move on most of them and soon got found out 😃

38 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

You would’ve absolutely destroyed me as I only knew one move on most of them and soon got found out 😃

I gained a reputation I did on both Streetfighter and mortal kombat 1 and 2 (no bigging it up), as I said but I used to be bullied alot when I was a kid. I used to go arcades and practice before the bullys got in to play and I used to concentrate so much that I've gone for hours in places I wernt particularly aloud and I'd get beat at home for it when arrived back home late. That was all to get back at Bullys mind you. I remember one lad used to come in now and again this Black guy called Delston who was older than the bullys and he always was a fantastic bloke who new me mum. Anyway he would woop everyone at street fighter he was the king in there and the bullys would used to all be there rattling to get to play him and they would lose. It was then I made my name a twelve year old lad amongst 15, 16 and 17 year old neighbourhood bullys when Delston looked at me and said (give this little Yout a go). So he did he chose Ken and I chose Sagat and he beat me first round but then I came back an won a round, so it was all tied we was back n forth final moments of the timer, I had two hits in me at most and he had half a health bar and I managed to pull one heck of combo out that finished him. He gave me respect in front of a room full of bullys and none of them liked it. I proceded to beat them one by one constantly to the point one of them stood up and went to the super Nintendo and took my controller wire out. Laughing inside I was as many of them fell to me while there frustrated faces were disgusted of how a twelve year old they couldnt stand could beat them on the games they thought they were good at.

It never stopped the bullying being better than them on games, especially from two brothers in next street on from where I lived at but it helped. One time I remember being beaten that bad by them both that one had nutted me in nose and I'd got blood pouring all down my face and while I cried and was in pain, I also remember shouting out in front of them and those that watched them (that I'm the king of streetfighter and I beat your ass).

Streetfighter has and always will have a special place in my heart along with other games like them because they have history for me. 

I'd go onto to different arcades full time when I'd hit my teens even found a couple of decent friends who I used to battle regular with at sega world in wolves. I end up at there houses playing Tekken, street fighter alpha, king of the fighters and so on, it's all memorys.

Last time I played a Streetfighter was on xbox with an online friend, fare play to him he stuck with me but by time hed had enough I'd beat him over 100 games to nill, gavemesomeclose matches on xbox 360 streefighter IV.

My fav character was always Cammy, even had a tattoo of her eventually, shame it was done poorly to point t had to get it covered over and ended up with a bear instead, wouldn't mind getting Cammy done properly though.

One thing I swore never to do is play girlfriends at fighting games, it makes so much argument that my sons mother would get such a strop on because I'd not let her win. My son wont play me at streetfighters because of the story's hes heard and had a taste of losing on it himself.

I started to really shine on fighting games is when they introduced Xmen v street fighter and you could tag team characters in and could even swap between three characters in the later versions of them. I used to play that in birmingham arcade as me n my mates would travel from wolves to there on Saturdays.

Do you remember the Streetfighter EX version it was almost tekken like and was 3D?? Another cool one I used to play on so  bloody much.

Sorry it's been abit of a long read, me mother always used to say I enjoyed my games way to much lol.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I was going to aay this looks like street figher

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was going to aay this looks like street figher

Well the way it floated across the world when a new stage was introduced gives you that feeling, so does the box format in how characters are presented but that's been in many games from tekken, Fatal Fury, Soul caliber, Marvel super heroes, King of the fighters and so on, it's easier to make art in a box and looks more tidy than it is say a triangle or circle. The music was groovy like Streetfighter even staged themselves looked like capcom had an hand in its development which I do not think they were the developers.

Back in the day in the 90s streetfighter was all the rage, closest fighter game that was closest to over throwing the king was Tekken I remember. It's why so many variants of streetfighter exist. It says it all when a version called (streetfighter magic edition) existed where characters would glitch at other side of screen to pull moves off that were not there own. It was like heros had just learned one n others moves and back then we all thought it was some crazy game, when in reality you learned years later when all this online play came about that the streetfighter magic edition was indeed a buggy unfinished edition that was rushed out, yet it was crazy, people loved and and dropped there ten pence pieces into it like mad. Magic edition is the only game i think in history that people never complained about because of how insane it truly was.

Take a look at this video of Ken doing twin fireballs and golden ones to while Dhaslim can turn into Balrog, to Blank teleporting electric right fast just madness.

Edited by Dave-R

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It was a pretty much street fighter clone as I recall, It might not of been a wolf attack but a dragon attack that one of them had. Also one was on the M Bison type or very similar

Doing my fruit in  now🤣

There were so many of these types of games, do you remember who made it? SNK (Neo Geo) were great for their fighting games, King of Fighters - which was a one on one fighter or Burning Fight which was a brawler. I am a GEEK 🤓.

Â