NFL Fantasy Football 2020???

maqroll

51 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Sorry mate ;)

Made a couple of changes this morning, more in hope than anything else. Missed Cam Akers as The Brown Stuff picked him up just before me!!

Only problem now is that we're busy on Sunday so might not be able to react to any late player updates.

If only I had been this interested before the 'issues' mid-season and only scraping into the play-offs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LancsVillan said:

Made a couple of changes this morning, more in hope than anything else. Missed Cam Akers as The Brown Stuff picked him up just before me!!

Only problem now is that we're busy on Sunday so might not be able to react to any late player updates.

If only I had been this interested before the 'issues' mid-season and only scraping into the play-offs

After starting 1-4 I didn't expect to get anywhere near playoffs.

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

After starting 1-4 I didn't expect to get anywhere near playoffs.

Yeah after a D+ draft report card and then 1-3 start (and that win was against the dirty Flockers) I thought I wouldn't make it, then came that mid-season debacle and losing an important game because of it I simply stood back with the pre selected teams (always do that just in case and to cover byes). 

Only to realise I'd scraped in and it was only fair to the others in league that I actually tried to finish it off. No idea how it goes #2 then #1 as opponents unless it's simple highest seed gets lowest in next round! Thought is would follow traditional a)1v8, b)4v5, c)3v6, d)2v7 then a v b & c v d format

also having the DMF on my car go has given me a bit more time this week than I would've hoped 

On 16/12/2020 at 13:56, LancsVillan said:

Yeah after a D+ draft report card

Thought is would follow traditional a)1v8, b)4v5, c)3v6, d)2v7 then a v b & c v d format

The report cards always make me laugh. They're never an accurate reflection of who does well and who doesn't.

Playoffs should definitely have been as you describe. Don't understand why they weren't. Weird.

This fantasy season is a bit like the 'Grand National that never was'... for anyone of a sufficient vintage to remember it. 

5 hours ago, Beastmix said:

The report cards always make me laugh. They're never an accurate reflection of who does well and who doesn't.

Playoffs should definitely have been as you describe. Don't understand why they weren't. Weird.

This fantasy season is a bit like the 'Grand National that never was'... for anyone of a sufficient vintage to remember it. 

In another fantasy league on the NFL website with some mates. One mate after the draft got an F grade with a predicted one win for the year. Has ended up top of our league with a 11-3 record (although only 6th/10 for points scored).

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Hornso said:

In another fantasy league on the NFL website with some mates. One mate after the draft got an F grade with a predicted one win for the year. Has ended up top of our league with a 11-3 record (although only 6th/10 for points scored).

Exactly. It's an utter nonsense and doesn't (because it can't) take into account injuries, not just from your roster, but the rosters of opponent teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beastmix said:

haha, I wouldn't worry just yet. Everyone else is playing awful.

Every one of them has gone over projection by a fair way FFS.

About ten years since my last final. Not getting it this year 😡

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

Lancs, what a showing! London Champs on the ropes!

Rob, you'll need Big Ben to toss a gem.

Smith-schuster was my saviour a couple of times in previous years, let's hope that he doesn't come back to haunt me now.

As for @rjw63's hopes if Big Ben does come through for him he needs to ignore Boyd. Come on do it for us old 'uns 

• Like 1

Well Boyd did what I hoped and got a big fat zero.

Unfortunately I got shafted totally by Inept Ben and the squealers.

Even.if I'd have played Baker I'd still have lost by two.

20 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Well Boyd did what I hoped and got a big fat zero.

Unfortunately I got shafted totally by Inept Ben and the squealers.

Even.if I'd have played Baker I'd still have lost by two.

Should have been way closer. My players totally overachieved this week. The Steelers have fallen off the proverbial cliff the past few weeks.

Any given Sunday though, man. Any given Sunday.

• Like 1

Â