Marvel's Avengers

Chindie

I’ve noticed I’ve had more success with forming strike teams than prior so I’d say it’s working to some extent. I had the free upgrade to the PS5 version and it runs so much quicker. Load screens into the game are very quick.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This has been one of the biggest flops in years

Probably the biggest flop of all time. 

Square Enix had the Avengers licence. It should be impossible for them to mess up, but they somehow managed it.

Spider-Man on PS4 sold over 20 million copies and that is a game featuring a singular hero. Avengers is like a carpet bomb, there is something for everyone and yet it failed to make a profit. 

Even Anthem is less of a flop and that game is dead. Anthem sold over 6 million copies and made back the money spent on it. Avengers sold 3 million and lost Square Enix $63 million.

It takes talent to acquire an IP the size of Avengers and flop.

44 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Probably the biggest flop of all time. 

Square Enix had the Avengers licence. It should be impossible for them to mess up, but they somehow managed it.

Spider-Man on PS4 sold over 20 million copies and that is a game featuring a singular hero. Avengers is like a carpet bomb, there is something for everyone and yet it failed to make a profit. 

Even Anthem is less of a flop and that game is dead. Anthem sold over 6 million copies and made back the money spent on it. Avengers sold 3 million and lost Square Enix $63 million.

It takes talent to acquire an IP the size of Avengers and flop.

The biggest issue for me was all the loot you picked up. It was confusing and pointless.

I didnt like that it seemed so complicated and more (money) to upgrade and customise your chatchters 

• Like 1

It's a completely ok game, but really, really, really should have been more than that. It's been hampered by greed. They've tried to make a Destiny style looter game but the concept doesn't fit the property in the manner they've taken it very well.

But, it's ok as a single player, mindless beat 'em up style game. It's got a decent story all in all. It's a real shame they buggered it up.

• Like 3

I've got the game I do like it, I just can not stand the damn long ass loading screen, it pisses me off.

Graphically looks great.

Plays great.

A decent variety of ass kicking.

But that damn loading screen is enough to stop anyone from playing it..

Devs are incredibly slow at releasing new content compared to other Devs on the dlc scene, Iwas dissapointed in this again as much as that damn load screen.

Edited by Dave-R

• 2 weeks later...

I’m enjoying the single player campaign.

Though working out what mission to do next and which one relates to what is so confusing.

Im in the Anthill, but need to find Hawkeye on the Chimera, but can’t go back to the Chimera.  Arrrghhhh.

• 3 months later...

I platinumed this the other day. I don't even know why - once you've got through the story content you're kinda playing it for the sake of playing it. It's still not bad, but there's basically no point to it single player when the story is done. You're just making numbers go up for no purpose.

17 hours ago, Chindie said:

I platinumed this the other day. I don't even know why - once you've got through the story content you're kinda playing it for the sake of playing it. It's still not bad, but there's basically no point to it single player when the story is done. You're just making numbers go up for no purpose.

Yeah the single player story was decent, but as soon as it was done, there is absolutely no point in doing any of the other missions.  And they are all too samey and repetitive anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â