Sign in to follow this  
Chindie

Marvel's Avengers

Its a shame this is almost certainly not telling the whole story about this.

40 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Its a shame this is almost certainly not telling the whole story about this.

In what way?

59 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

In what way?

It's probably going to be a live service game, which'll mean the thing will be designed to generate ongoing cash - i.e. it'll charge for everything it can. It won't have lootboxes, they claim, but you can bet it'll have some form of currency for some kind of boost or the like.

If this was a pure story driven title, it looks pretty good (some dodgy design choices, like Cap's suit, aside), if it was more God of War than Destiny in it's single player content. But it's very unlikely to be. So the soul will be ripped out of it to ram microtransactions down your throat.

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's probably going to be a live service game, which'll mean the thing will be designed to generate ongoing cash - i.e. it'll charge for everything it can. It won't have lootboxes, they claim, but you can bet it'll have some form of currency for some kind of boost or the like.

If this was a pure story driven title, it looks pretty good (some dodgy design choices, like Cap's suit, aside), if it was more God of War than Destiny in it's single player content. But it's very unlikely to be. So the soul will be ripped out of it to ram microtransactions down your throat.

Gotcha 👍

Game looks pretty good but that would ruin it.

I haven't seen anything that impresses me about this yet. 

This game feels to me like a game that all of my friends are going to play and call it the "best game of all time", while I'm sat there scratching my head not understanding the hype. 

I have always been about gameplay over anything else so if a studio presents me with a very shallow experience I get bored. Now maybe they'll prove me wrong and they'll impress me eventually, but right now this is not high on my list of games to play in 2020. 

Sign in to follow this  

Â