Tate Modern incident

VILLAMARV

Tate Modern: Boy, six, 'thrown from 10th floor'

A six-year-old boy was thrown five floors from the 10th floor of the Tate Modern art gallery in central London, police said. He landed on a fifth floor roof and was taken to hospital by air ambulance after he fell at about 14:45 BST on Sunday. The boy's condition is described as critical. A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, the Met Police said. They said the six-year-old was thrown from a viewing platform.

"We treated a person at the scene and took them to hospital as a priority," a London Ambulance Service (LAS) spokesman said.

A police spokesman said there was "nothing to suggest [the suspect] is known to the victim".

The teenager had remained on the platform after the boy fell, police said. Visitors were initially locked inside the gallery at Bankside on the South Bank. Admin worker Nancy Barnfield, 47, of Rochdale, was at the 10th floor viewing gallery with a friend and their children when her friend heard a "loud bang".

Ms Barnfield said she turned around and saw a woman screaming: "Where's my son, where's my son?"

Members of the public quickly gathered around a man who was nearby, she said.

Ms Barnfield said: "We did not notice the mum before, we noticed her after because she was hysterical by then."

She said the person who was restrained by members of the public before the police arrived "just stood there and was quite calm".

BBC correspondent Jonny Dymond, who was there, said visitors were "funnelled towards the main Turbine Hall and the exits were all closed".

"There were quite a lot of families with children, and security guards told us we couldn't leave," he said.

"There were at least two fire engines, 10 police cars and an incident control unit. Parts of the exterior of the building were taped off."

BBC

What the actual ****

• Sad 1

the world is f**cked, what sickos would do such a thing.

I fear for humanity, sometimes i wonder if we need to press the reset button and give the next amoeba chance to develop in to something better.

A truly horrific incident.  With this and the two mass shootings in the U.S. this weekend something tells me the human race is getting closer to mass civil war. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

the world is f**cked, what sickos would do such a thing.

I fear for humanity, sometimes i wonder if we need to press the reset button and give the next amoeba chance to develop in to something better.

No, it's about bloody time we took some responsibility for our actions, or lack of. It's easy to pass that responsibility on to the next amoeba.

We need to be honest, that we are all fallible, we have this entrenched dogma that we are the most superior phenomena on the planet.

Australian and American indigenous people lived in harmony with the land for at least 60,000 years and 15,000 years respectively.

Over 50% of wildlife has gone extinct in the last 40 years. Let's take that into consideration when saying we're the most advanced people to date.

Let's also consider that indigenous people who lived here for so long are also basically extinct due to genocidal efforts by cultures that occupy the land today.

Now I don't align myself with the right-wing, but let's pretend they are correct and assume that there is a natural social hierarchy, survival of the fittest if you like.

Well, doesn't a people who live for 60,000 years outdo those who have basically killed off the planet in a few hundred in the survival department?

Death is not life. Inflicting death is not solely what enables survival. Yet the youth of today, the males especially, go around thinking that's the foundation of masculinity.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

You can't really say much about this given what's seemingly known. It's just a particularly grim act of random violence at the moment. Who knows what the motivation of the perpetrator was? Someone detached from reality? The action of an evil example of humanity, the kind of mind that might otherwise have turned to more discreet murders? A moment of madness? An action to make some kind of point (racism for instance)? A mad overreaction to something?

You can't make any conclusions.

Also see cases of people pushing random strangers on to rail tracks in front of oncoming trains.

It happens occasionally, but not so rarely that you don't need to think about it.

I remember living in London, reading about a couple of cases, and standing on tube platforms thinking how vanishingly unlikely it was that anything like that would happen, and yet thinking about not standing too close to the edge, could I brace myself if someone pushed me.

12 minutes ago, peterms said:

Also see cases of people pushing random strangers on to rail tracks in front of oncoming trains.

It happens occasionally, but not so rarely that you don't need to think about it.

I remember living in London, reading about a couple of cases, and standing on tube platforms thinking how vanishingly unlikely it was that anything like that would happen, and yet thinking about not standing too close to the edge, could I brace myself if someone pushed me.

Happened in Frankfurt this week, a random attack apparently and a small child was killed. Sounds weird but I have always stood with my back to the wall on the tracks just to stop the unexpected

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Happened in Frankfurt this week, a random attack apparently and a small child was killed. Sounds weird but I have always stood with my back to the wall on the tracks just to stop the unexpected

You are obviously a conspiracy theorist.

Welcome.

• Haha 2

Â