Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

2 minutes ago, switters said:

woeful in the last 20. sat back and waited to lose can't have 10 behind the ball and not expect to concede.

that said, looked a clear foul in buildup to equaliser. got the ball but right through the player to do so.

That's always given as a free kick. 

But if she had have given it, Arsenal wouldn't have scored 2 in a minute.

I think we really need to consider our tactics, we have enough quality to have more of a go with the likes of Daly, Salmon, Leon, Hanson, Dali (when they're back). When we go forward we can score goals against anyone but we're just too negative v the 'big' teams, especially when we get our noses in front.

• Like 2

Just now, villan95 said:

I think we really need to consider our tactics, we have enough quality to have more of a go with the likes of Daly, Salmon, Leon, Hanson, Dali (when they're back). When we go forward we can score goals against anyone but we're just too negative v the 'big' teams, especially when we get our noses in front.

exactly this, such a small club mentality playing to 'not lose' rather than trying to actually win

Really should’ve been looking to get at least a point from this considering we were 1 up in the 90th minute. 

Just not a good start to this season at all. 2 more games to struggle through before we can reset. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think the manager will have to go soon. Never really thought Carla Ward was good enough if we want to move on, I mean she's more of a Dean Smith than a Emery, an that's being fair.

We'll pick up points soon enough.

It's still a big stretch to see this side being consistent enough to finish ahead any of the Manchester clubs or Chelsea or Arsenal so I'd be more than happy being best of the rest again and then look next summer.

• Like 1

Not good enough. Two injury time losses in three games. Sitting back all game. Giving them far too much respect.

My life, we played as if we were privileged to be on the pitch with them. We defended resolutely but you cannot let a team like Arsenal come at you all game. What on earth were we thinking? Get hold of the game.

A few months ago, we went to Arsenal and beat them two nill.

I'm really cross. We're better than that. Tactically, we've been found wanting again. Must do better and quickly.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, villan95 said:

This is it done it twice now in 3 games.

Playing scared playing against reputations rather than making the opposition worry about out attacking potential.

Need a manager who isn't scared of the opposition. 

• Like 1

I'm baffled.

We have a team full of international standard players and approached that game like a lower level team trying to grab a result in a cup game against top level opposition.

Like Zrinjski did against the men a few weeks ago at Villa Park.

What has gone on? We're a shadow of the team that finished last season.

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is it done it twice now in 3 games.

Playing scared playing against reputations rather than making the opposition worry about out attacking potential.

Need a manager who isn't scared of the opposition. 

TBF the Man. City game we were down to 10 men and took the lead so in that situation you simply have little option but to defend. Shame we couldn't hold out, it happens.

Was staggered though today by us just deciding to defend 1-0 all second half. We had good attackers on the bench who weren't put on until 97th minute. Surely at least one of them could've come on around 80th minute just to give a counter attack option and fresh legs.

That's where I'm disappointed in Carla Ward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

People already writing off the next two. Apparently Spurs is one of them. They've had a good start but surely it's not that much doom and gloom that's an automatic defeat. I assume we're at home aswell given we've just played twice away.

Spurs isn’t a write off tbf. That’s a game we absolutely should be looking to win but we’ve just lost 3 in a row so it’s not ideal. I’d just take a point to get something on the table. 

I’ve written the Chelsea game off. They’ll probably batter us. 

• Like 2

Â