Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Our U21s beat London City Lionesses 2-0 yesterday, FA website have stopped providing the information on their website as far as I can tell, so can't find team or scorer detatils, I think it was our sixth game of the season, we've apparently won five and lost one of those.

We've drawn Chelsea in the Quarter-Finals of the FA Youth Cup, I think that's an U16 competition

Dali still not back for tomorrow or next week against Spurs, obviously Hanson going to miss both games as well, Ward said there are a few other illnesses too, so could be one or two others missing for tomorow.

Milly Round training with the first team, she played for England U17s at the Euros, I think she's a midfielder or can play further forward, but the game I saw she was playing as a right-back and did very well there putting in blocks and tackles, as England were under extreme pressure whilst down to ten players, Sophia Poor incidentally saved a penalty in that game.

Even scraping a tomorrow would be a great result just to end sequence of defeats, and any kind of result away to Arsenal is going to give a good confidence boost.

We're doing the thing again of starting all four of our central defenders, and are doing so today even though Pacheco is back in the starting eleven, although today away to Arsenal can understand it a little more than against Liverpool.

I think we must be playing three at the back, something like Turner, Corsie, and Patten as the back three, Pacheco and Maying as the wingbacks, Staniforth, Parker, and Blindkilde in central midfield, with Magill and Daly upfront.

Strong attacking options on the bench with Salmon, Nobbs, Leon, and Lehmann, and then when we still have Dali and Hanson to come back.

No academy players involved today as they're playing Burton's first team in the Birmingham FA Challenge Cup

18 minutes ago, useless said:

We're doing the thing again of starting all four of our central defenders, and are doing so today even though Pacheco is back in the starting eleven, although today away to Arsenal can understand it a little more than against Liverpool.

I think we must be playing three at the back, something like Turner, Corsie, and Patten as the back three, Pacheco and Maying as the wingbacks, Staniforth, Parker, and Blindkilde in central midfield, with Magill and Daly upfront.

Strong attacking options on the bench with Salmon, Nobbs, Leon, and Lehmann, and then when we still have Dali and Hanson to come back.

No academy players involved today as they're playing Burton's first team in the Birmingham FA Challenge Cup

bit concerned about ward not knowing what best sideis without sali and hansen

Line-up is pretty much as I expcted, in the sense I thought we would go defensive and try catch them on the break, I also thought we might with two upfront, but was expecting Salmon instead of Magill, maybe Salmon was one of the players that was poorly with an illness in the week so can't start, same for Nobbs

Had a really difficult start with the fixtures but if we could hold on here or even take a point, I'd have snatched for that start of the season. Put it behind us, get Dali back fit and Hanson back from suspension and start getting some points and momentum. 

I've seen them talking about the Arsenal bench being good but Nobbs, Leon, Lehmann and Salmon is a great set of players to choose from. If anyone's starting to look shaky in the back 5 I'd think it would be best to throw one of them on and go more attacking, sneak a second 

Sigh. Keeper should've saved that.

Carla Ward is a good manager but she's gone a bit DS here, have we got no subs left? Surely just to break up the game or at least get more numbers in central midfield as it's just been too easy for Arsenal to get to edge of the box.

Â