who'll prove to be the better value for money ?

smith

pound for pound who'll prove to be the better buy ?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. pound for pound who'll prove to be the better buy ?

• Beattie £6m
    • Phillips £750,000

Hard to say....how many did Beattie score last year??? Did he get anywhere near double figures? I think he might have got 7 tops. Phillips scored 13 was it? Virtually double the goals for a fraction of the price.

There's not really much of a contest is there

I have to say Beattie...he´s younger...he will play in europe and he will be a better long term assett then Phillips.

Phillips will be a very good assett for Villa, but still little bit too short for comparing to what Beattie will mean for Everton this season.

£750.000 is a very good price for a player like Phillips...but with his age in mind I would compare it to a value of £5m if he were the same age as Beattie.

Is this the same Beattie we nearly brought and only got done by the fact we weren't challenging for the CL.

Short memories some people have.

??????

Yes it is the same Beattie - or where you on about Kevin Beattie, ex of Ipswich. We all wandted Beattie, but that wasn;t the question.

Short Term - Phillips

Medium / Long Term - maybe James Beattie

RantinRob: Yet another bitter comment...

There´s no obligation in writing or participate in every poll...or thread. So please show some gratitude that people do turn up here from time to time.

The forum has sometime a negative tone and I think thats sad...and when you try to pick up something to talk about you´ll often end up throatcutted from some member that been here for a long time.

I understand that it sometime can get too much with rumours, polls and so on...but is it really necessary to turn it down like garbage? :twisted: :winkold: :lol:

Is value for money the most important consideration?

Is Beattie a better player than Phillips, now there's a proper question - unless we are the Walmart shoppers of the premiership of course - oh right

Neither are really good value for money I reckon. But Phillips is better value. I didn't want Beattie and am glad we didn't get him, but I didn't want Phillips either. My vote has gone with Kev though

Phillips can turn out to be a bargin, just like solano and it is well worth the gamble. BT is a very good prosepct and I was very sorry to see him go to Everton and I am not as exited about Phillips as I would have been with BT, BUT this can prove to be a very good buy and a no real risk. And who says we are going to stop here? It is very interessting to see what Stride or DOL says next. For all we know we are still in the hunt for Bellamy.

Is value for money the most important consideration?

Is Beattie a better player than Phillips, now there's a proper question - unless we are the Walmart shoppers of the premiership of course - oh right

I can see a nail.

..... and it's just been hit on it's head very, very hard.

here's another good question also:

"should we be looking at better strikers than Phillips"?

If so, why aren't we?

ah! .......

Just saw this quote and did it make me laugh......

"This is a great opportunity for me. Villa are a big club with big ambitions and I am glad to be on board. "

Hello? Kevin....? What's Stride been saying to you?

That is hard to say, I am looking forward to seeing phillips play in claret and blue.

It really depends on how many starts / appearences kevin gets I suppose.

This is crazy ... but what i'm about to do is vote James Beattie... reason being that most of the time I'm wrong and therefore if I vote James Beattie then there is a better chance of phillips scoring more for us :) Don't worry VillaTalkers no need to thank me :lol:

Â