who'll prove to be the better value for money ?

smith

pound for pound who'll prove to be the better buy ?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. pound for pound who'll prove to be the better buy ?

• Beattie £6m
    • Phillips £750,000

"should we be looking at better strikers than Phillips"?

If so, why aren't we?

Technically we are in Bellamy, but yes your point is correct in that according to DOL's comments on OS Phillips was one of the targets on the list and thus we should be looking at better strikers than Phillips! But as a stop-gap he's ok nothing more nothing less!

I have voted for beattie, i think in 2 or 3 years time phillips will be worthless and beattie could be sold and would have actually cost very little. i Think beattie is a better player.

Phillips will be a much better partner for JPA then BT.

Add that JPA is 100 times better then BT, then we actually have saved some geldt..

But as long DOL gets what he wants, i support him 150%.

Beattie was injured all last season !!!

Why not add a poll comparing Phillips to Forssell @ 4m or Yakubu @ 7m. To use Beattie is ridiculous, and as Ian pointed out is nothing more than a PFE (post for effect). Of course Phillips is better value than having anyone sitting in your treatment room, but if as Pete said, you asked who the better player was, that would be a different matter, but I can see that this might not have helped towards your aims.

i dont see the point in comparing phillips to yakubu or forsell, we didnt try and buy either of those, first tentitive offers were sounded out but no solid bid for either where as beattie there was a proper bid on the table as there was for phillips. i went for phillips.

phillips is 31, this to many appears to be a bad thing. how old is figo? how old is nobby? how old was merson, mcgrath and many others who still gave good service at this age? dublin was no spring chicken when we got him but he did a job for us.

BB, there's as much point in comparing Phillips to Forssell and Yakubu as there is in comparing him to a striker who was injured all last season, especially when the result of the poll is obvious and the motives behind it even more so.

Â